Why the Image not flashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Image not flashing?

Hi, I am at the beginning stage of my website building with BV. I aplogise if this question is not meant to be here but I believe it is. Well,,, I have inserted a flashing image of a running jaguar on my page. It was supposed to be flashing but when I paste the image it was still. Was it supposed to be still on the template page or not? If it's not meant to be still how do I make it flashing? Thank you so much to any advise.

Re: Why the Image not flashing?

Yes it will be still until you either preview it or publish it ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
      Yes it will be still until you either preview it or publish it ...
      Blue Voda uses a single static "workpage" broswer pane for you to work in, and is not "active content" meaning scripted elements are not operational unless viewed using the PREVIEW (active IE browser) or outright PUBLISHing the page, as LadyEye mentioned.

When you place an animated GIF anywhere not "active" (like on a BV workpage), you will only see the first image of that image file -- kind of like the very first page of an animated 'flip-file'.......and if you try to change the size of this "stacked" image, you will cause the animated effects to be lost and have the changes you made apply only to the first image pane.

To change the size of an animated GIF you will need to apply the same changes to each of the image panes and re-save the GIF as a new file completely.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili

To change the size of an animated GIF you will need to apply the same changes to each of the image panes and re-save the GIF as a new file completely.
        Yes, tis so, lol - A great link to an automated online image tool that will do those things Vasili described ... great site ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Resizing the GIF inside BlueVoda: BV only changes the space it allocates to the animated GIF. It doesn't actually resize the image. So, resizing inside BV will work both in preview and publish.

If, on the other hand, you resize in some other software, which is not capable of resizing all frames of the animated GIF, then yes, you will lose the animation.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            Hm..... Not exact. BV only changes the space it allocates to the animated GIF. It doesn't actually resize the image. So, resizing inside BV will work both in preview and publish..

If, on the other hand, you resize in some softare, which is not capable of resizing all frames of the animated GIF, then yes, you will lose the animation.
            *AHEM* What was the purpose of your post, General???

My post specifically mentioned the aspect of GIF presentation on the BV workpage as static, and the means to see an animated GIF properly in PREVIEW and upon PUBLISHing (which was in answer to the original question, amplifying to LadyEye's reply), and some "heads up" hints about how animated GIFs cannot be simply sized as other images might be....how they are "stacked" and each 'panel' must be individually formatted to avoid only the first being affected and preventing the animation for the remaining "file"......no one mentioned anything about using BV to re-size pictures (definitely not a reccommended process anywhere in VodaTalk, as leads to distortion, which is why the typical suggestion is to use "pix resizer").

And....most computers have an "editor" pre-loaded that can actually edit and reformat animated GIFs, if one takes the time to first undertand them (GIFs) and the process each editor provides..... I am in the habit of offering additional information to address things proactively, so the understanding preceeds the challenge.

Comment

Hi Eric,

Since you mentioned resizing, which was not an issue of the original post, i have interpreted it as a possible explanation that you were giving as to why the image didn't look animated. Sorry if i misread your post.
              You use to provide additional information on your posts, which i usually don't do, so i simply interpreted it in my logic instaed of yours. Sorry about that.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Psignomen.....!!
                No problem....just can see how confusing it might seem to others, right?

LOL

Comment

Yes Sir!!! Edited my post!
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X