Search in Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search in Google

Hello I have tryed useing heaps of meta tags on my index page and named my index page index like suggested but Google will not find me. I am confused any help would be great!

Re: Search in Google

Hi, you would have to post your sites URL for us to see your site.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sorry! its http://www.davidsobikphotography.com

Thanks!
      David

Comment

Hi, you are possibly being penalised by Google for the amount of key words being used.
        With key words, around 15-20 max is the norm. I also noticed your name is 1st up on the list & my apologies if you are a well known photographer, but the company or your name would usually go at the end of the key words, unless you are famous or very well established & someone would enter this as a search in Google.
        Your site has very little content in the respect of text, & all your key words have to be within the text to be excepted be many of the SE’s. Your images should be named well as these are equely as important to being seen.
        Have a look at the image/photo tips link belkow for some info on naming, & Beths SOE book for the SE’s http://www.moxie-enter-prises.com/SEO-The-Basics.html
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris I will look at these tips and get it better.

Regards
          David

Comment

If you read my book and have questions - please ask - will try to help you.

And the name of the page needs to be index - that doesn't have anything to do with the title of the page - two different things :)
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hey David

Sites looking good and as Chris stated more text with related keywords for each page will help increase your rankings. But why don't you also check the other major search engines??

I find I rank better in some of these as Google takes time. You need to build up content and inbound links etc etc. I actually read that to get up high in the rankings you should have at least 150 pages of good content. Remember people search the net for information. You could offer hints and photography tips to help build content or even Wedding information and collaborate with Florists and Wedding Cars etc.

I live in Perth and also lived in Albany for about a year at one stage.

Are you targeting just the Metro area and Albany. I guess you would have done all the offline advertising stuff ie flyers, Newspapers etc. Do you have your website logo on your car etc etc. This also helps build traffic to your site.

I have to scroll sideways to see your whole site so maybe if you changed the size or type of Nav bars and moved the pictures across you would avoid this sideways scrolling. Just a thought.

Good Luck with it.
              Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Working...
              X