Linking images as buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking images as buttons

Hi everyone, I am the creatopr of the website for my company Czekoladowy Raj in Poland www.czekoladowyraj.com and I have hit a little problem. I didnt like any of the navigation buttons that Blue Voda supplied me with so I made my own navigation menu. I managed to link the images to my site but I had to label the buttons. When someone goes to my site, the little hand appears over the image to navigate to the relavent page but when the cursor moves over the text, it does not change to the hand. Check out my site to see what I mean.

How can I integrate the text as part of the navigation button, or is it just a matter of making the text smaller so it does not cover the image underbeath.

Thanks in advance for any help I recieve concerning this

Re: Linking images as buttons

Originally posted by rhysjames
    Hi everyone, I am the creatopr of the website for my company Czekoladowy Raj in Poland www.czekoladowyraj.com and I have hit a little problem. I didnt like any of the navigation buttons that Blue Voda supplied me with so I made my own navigation menu. I managed to link the images to my site but I had to label the buttons. When someone goes to my site, the little hand appears over the image to navigate to the relavent page but when the cursor moves over the text, it does not change to the hand. Check out my site to see what I mean.

How can I integrate the text as part of the navigation button, or is it just a matter of making the text smaller so it does not cover the image underbeath.

Thanks in advance for any help I recieve concerning this
    Hi there.
    In your Blue Voda folder (mine is saved in my programs folder) thre is a folder called Nav Bars. Here is where you save the new navigation bars you created. Be sure and save them with a name you can easily remember.
    When you do this your new bars will appear in the nav bar drop down menu along with the other bars that BV supplies. Then you can use them just as you would the normal ones, adding text, etc, and the whole thing will be linkable, instead of just the bar itself. This should solve your problem. Hope this helps.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

So what prog must I create the nav bars in? I assume I create them in a new page in Blue Voda and just save that page to the nav bar section? Or do I need a package which will save them as jpegs, not attached to a file?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rhysjames
        So what prog must I create the nav bars in? I assume I create them in a new page in Blue Voda and just save that page to the nav bar section? Or do I need a package which will save them as jpegs, not attached to a file?

Thanks
        Nope, you create them in a program like paint(comes with most computers) or paint.net (free download).
        Or you can google free buttons and get lots of free ones online.
        Then, you save your choice to the Navbar folder in your your Blue Voda Folder.
        Then you make your menu like usual, using the new button style which will now appear in the drop down..
        Does this help?
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
        X