Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• external links on a page

Hello,
    I am using Zeus Linking program and cant figure out how to get my directory onto my page again. Karen had it up for me but somehow It's down again. Does anyone know how to get an off site link posted on a page? My Resources page is mostly blank rignt now, the link is there in the builder...How do I get it live? Hopefully this makes sense with my lame lingo.
    Thank you,
    Lorena
    www.bounteousbasket.com

Re: external links on a page

Lorena,

Its NOT a link on a PAGE.

Go to NAVIGATION icon...or MENU NAVIGATION... scroll to the middle of the page under the area where you see all the menu buttons. There is where you add the EXTERNAL link to your links pages. After you type in the link, SAVE. Go back into navigation and you will now see your CREATED button on the left. Now you can ADD it as a page to your menu by hilighting it, and clicking the add. ON the right, you can now move it UP or Down with the arrow keys there... then SAVE again.

STOP trying to CREATE a page to put it on. PRINT this so you dont have to keep asking HOW TO DO IT. Ive explained it like 4 times now.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, hoping you had/having a restful vacation

I must not have used the correct terminology again or am misunderstood again. Please read the following thoroghly, as all 3 issues are related:

#1.In your absense I simply wanted to ask if anyone else had access to & knew how to edit my Resources page since I do not have an edit button on that page in soho. (I think you said it never will) but you didn't send instructions on how I can get that external link to my directory to disply on the page on my own. The link is still posted in soho but the directory is not visible on my site, again again...

I had asked before & got no answer, "If I'd have to bother you every time I add a new link to my zeus directory? You seem to be the only one with access to that kind of problem so it's no wonder you get burned out. I sometimes daily, add new links or have to edit one which, seems to cause my directory to be removed from the page. I certainly don't wish to be a burr in your saddle.

#2...I have a link info page listed in soho directly below my Resources page...but cant seem to get the link on my directory page(zeus) to point to/ take me there. Any guidance with this is requested.

#3. I have attempted numerous times to get The directory template to look like my new site but don't know what to replace the "so4 with.
      Thank you,
      Lorena
      www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Lorena

so4 WONT BE ON YOUR NEW TEMPLATE CUZ ITS NOT SOL

thats something that you will only find there. ftping your links with zeus shouldnt change your soho button or link at all. Only thing you are changing is zeus. Not soho. They are separate sites. Thats what im trying to tell you.

To get the zeus template for your soho site... view your home page as a visitor would and then view source. copy the top to the main body to the headerinfo.txt, and then from the end of the main body to the end to the footer.txt. You wont find so4 ANYWHERE. If you do its because you are still looking at your SOL store.

Yes I get burned out, but you keep mixing up the two stores and then wondering why they dont work across the board. Your zeus never will be part of the soho site because its SEPERATE.

Im still on vacation, Ill look at your store again on thursday if you want, but you wont ever get zeus into the soho site to edit. The only thing you can do is add that LINK as a button. Any editing you do to zeus has to be done to the zeus folder only. Thats where you are confusing yourself. You cant do it thru soho. Thats where you are getting in the wreck. And... you had the template there once, but you are running the project for the OLD store and trying to make it work on the NEW store, instead of adding the links from the old to the new. Or making a new template for the OLD links site, and uploading it to soho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
          Please address this after your vacation is over, I only wrote because you wrote me first...

You are still misunderstandig me. I know how to & have redone my head, headerinfo, & footerinfo files in zeus numerous times using the source code FROM MY NEW STORE. WHEN YOU'VE GOTTEN MY DIRECTORY LIVE ON MY NEW RESOURCES PAGE IN THE PAST...IT STILL LOOKS LIKE MY OLD SITE... SO I tried to edit that as follows:
          I know the s04 is theirs & naturally I want to change it.
          The "s04 must still be in the themeindex_template file or somewhere. I tried to do a find/replace on the "so4 in that file or folder (whatever its called) but it didn't change the appearance. What do I "replace" it with?

I also know that the external link to my directory is like another site and that's all that I'm changing but, that doesnt change the fact that EACH TIME I ADD OR EDIT A LINK PARTNER, MY DIRECTORY GETS REMOVED FROM THE PAGE causing me either to bug you to redo it again or ask again to send me the instructions on how to do it myself since it could be a daily task once I get to where I can work on link trading again.

The transfer to godaddy of my old site is just now done!!..HOORAY just waiting on the 301 to to take effect.
          Thank you,
          Lorena
          www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

The only way that your zeus site could look like the old store is because you are uploading the wrong folder, or you arent clearing out the zeus files in tools, options, directory, footer and headerinfo files. You dont replace the SO4 with anything because it doesnt exist anymore. So nothing to replace.

The only way that you would have to replace that link in soho is because you are adding it or removing it from the menu after its created trying to edit it. Trust me it doesnt care how many other links or folders you upload. If its changed ...you are changing it. zeus wont change a thing in your soho administration area all by itself.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
              Maybe I finally got my *****s & oranges sorted out...I can't make any promises though! I did have some places in one of the files that still had "so4...they're deleted now. I have some other issues I'll bring up next week about the images on the top of that page.

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance.
              Thank you,
              Lorena
              www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Hi, this is Ken from Colorado. I have to say that the hype that got me to this site is far from true. there is no way in hell that a novice could possible build a store front in 30 minutes. I have purchase this builder site almost three weeks ago and I only have the first page, still. My internet providers equipment is being slambed by something generating 900mhz and I have been trying to work with dial up. Not good. Even before that, the amount of time it takes to watch the reels and them do what it says is enormous. Working at two different sites during the day in my other business leaves me little time to look and read all this material. I am burned out and frustrated with all the promises from two sites I have bought into and the lack of people to speak with. All this typing back and forth sucks. Anyway, have a good day. Ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

I felt the same way at first ...but my site is pretty much a go finally.
                  I've no idea where you were reading hype about VodaHost (VH) but there's a learning curve with any builder. I am certainly no web whiz as a few here will testify to. If I can do it just about anyone can!!
                  Do you have a working site somewhere you wish to move, or is this a first attempt?

It takes perseverence and determination. My first recommendation is to go fill out your forum profile (Link is above) be sure to include your url so folks can see your site's progress and every post you make provides a link to your site...

It took 6-8 months at my old host to get a page rank of 2...I have a pr of 2 in my 1st month & was nowhere near done building...a good site can never be "done"! I started end of Feb-1st of March. I will help where I can, but first we need to know who ya are, your url & what's up.
                  If you use Qwest & can manage $27 a month hi-speed will help immensely with time management.
                  Thank you,
                  Lorena
                  www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Lorena

Glad you finally got stuff worked out. :)

Ken...

Soho is one of the easiest builders to work with, dial up or otherwise. It takes time to learn any program. It doesnt happen overnite. A beginner can easily build a very basic site in 3 to 4 hours. Keep in mind this takes some work before hand. You didnt pass your highschool diploma 3 days into the tenth grade either. Once you read and go thru the tutorials you will have the knowledge to put up a basic site in a few hours, and then continuing building is always an ongoing process.

Online business is just like any other business. If you start a brick and mortar up, I can guarantee you that it will take alot more than 3 or 4 hours to get it up and running. Maybe to get inventory in and open the doors is possible, but you have work to do before opening to the public. Same principals apply to building an online store too.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, good to join with you.
                      A problem that I am having whilst building my site is how to add a link to direct clients to an affiliate site from mine once the initial introduction has been made.
                      Can you help ?
                      Dave (dconline)

Comment

Probably.. but not without more info.

Depends where you want the link, what you are using to build etc etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
                          You just can't be away from us can ya?..LOL I thought you were still on vacation!

It figures that Ken's first question I didn't know how to help other than what I had said last night.

Anyway, when your vacation is over......How do I make my amazon link look like a banner? I pasted it in a text editor box but couldnt get it to look like a banner & it posted as a 404...here's the code, what do I add or change?

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=theboun...KZM3N482&f=ifr" width="120" height="90" scrolling="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
                          Thank you,
                          Lorena
                          www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Im home from vacation! Im still just not working on sites.

I would just paste it into a text box... and look and see if they dont have one thats NOT an iframe.

You did fine with Ken, I just elaborated. People often have false assumptions, or incorrect assumptions that they can just put up any old website, read nothing, and the visitors will come and buy... Thats just not true. Or they expect that it takes little or no work or study, and thats not true either. Concepts apply rather its brick and mortar or online. It all takes work.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
                              I'll check on banners that aren't iframes thanks.
                              Thank you,
                              Lorena
                              www.bounteousbasket.com

Comment

Working...
                              X