OsCommerce vs. ZenCart vs Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OsCommerce vs. ZenCart vs Paypal

Hi all! This shopping cart thing has me totally befuddled!

1. Can anyone explain the primary differences between OsCommerce and ZenCart (and do so in an ez-to-understand manner)? Specifically, pros and cons of each; if one is recommended for "newbies" to use; etc.

2. From what I've read, it appears that shopping carts "take over" your website. Can this be prevented by adding "purchase now" links (as opposed to "add to cart" links) to each item or site page, and then having the cart system only on an order page? (Hope this makes sense!)

3. If I wanted to keep things as simple as possible but still allow online credit card processing, etc., would it be just as easy to just use PayPal? (And what are the pros and cons of PayPal over OsCommerce or ZenCart?)

Any advice/suggestions will be very much appreciated!
    Believe and you will achieve!

If you have less than 100 products, just use PayPal. Click the below to learn
    more about osCommerce...

Oscommercr is the worlds leading shopping carts. Tutorials about how to set up your Oscommerce Shopping Cart

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      If you have less than 100 products, just use PayPal. Click the below to learn
      more about osCommerce...

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_osc.htm
      Thanks, *****.
      Believe and you will achieve!

Comment

Re: OsCommerce vs. ZenCart vs Paypal

the difference OsCommerce and ZenCart as i have found there i nothing different except the admin page and the price of templates. i use zencart as t is just so easy.
        www.advarntek.co.uk
        www.aforumways.co.uk

Comment

Re: OsCommerce vs. ZenCart vs Paypal

Seems there isnt much help in the Zen Cart forum. Hoping someone can give me a hand on a few template Q's

1 Is there a way to chg the colors on the Zen Cart template? Since I was able to add my logo Im certain theres a file somewhere I can chg the colors

2 Theres a nuge text message "your sales mesage goes here" How can I remove it?

3 Ive tried to remove the Qty of products being displayed via the control panel area but somwhow it still show

Hope you can help
          www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Comment

Working...
          X