Linking internal pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking internal pages

Hi, I am having a problem linking pages within my site. Here's where I am at so far.
    -My site isn't published yet I am still building it
    -when I try to link pages within my site it displays a message saying page not found.
    -my email and link to a site already online are working.
    -I am new at this so I am very confused here, I thought I did everything right from the tutorial but it's still not working.
    -do I save my pages as .html? ie. my page is called samples should I save the page as samples.html ???
    Thanx in advance for the help!

Re: problem when trying to link internal pages

Originally posted by niome
    Hi, I am having a problem linking pages within my site. Here's where I am at so far.
    -My site isn't published yet I am still building it
    -when I try to link pages within my site it displays a message saying page not found.

If you have not yet published that page or others, the link will not be found, it is not published as yet, right ...

-my email and link to a site already online are working.

-I am new at this so I am very confused here, I thought I did everything right from the tutorial but it's still not working.

No problems, you will get it ...

-do I save my pages as .html? ie. my page is called samples should I save the page as samples.html ???

Name, save and publish your pages as the name only (Blue Voda does all of the rest for you) Name samples, save as samples, publish as samples - then link to samples as http://www.nameofyourdomain.com/samples.html

You only add .html to a link type, in other words the address of the page - when naming, saving and publishing blue voda converts your .bvp file into .html for you ...
    Thanx in advance for the help!
    Please view the tutorials again too, so you can have a better understanding
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...mages-etc.html

And if you like, visit my "Simply Blue Voda Tips" for a pdf version that may also assist you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: problem when trying to link internal pages

Thank you so much, sorry to ask so many questions! You've been a great help!

Comment

Re: Linking internal pages

when I link one of my internal pages the link works but it opens a new window is there a way to have not open a new window just replace the old one?

Comment

Originally posted by niome
          when I link one of my internal pages the link works but it opens a new window is there a way to have not open a new window just replace the old one?

Yes Niome

On each of the links, there is a property box, and on that property box you will notice "target" leave this area empty, remove what is in there now, and the page will open in the same window and not open a new window ...

Setting the target to _blank is useful for links that go off of your site, so that your page stays open ....

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

that worked great thanx, now is there a way to remove the underline from the link text??

Comment

sorry to ask so many questions! this will be my first stand alone site and I seem to be tripping my way through it!

Comment

Working...
              X