Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculating shipping costs by weight

Hi There,

My domain name is calibercables.co.uk (i havent published anything yet though)

I have designed a few pages in the BV website builder and am happy with the design. My problem is the shopping cart. I want to use Paypal but also need to calculate shipping costs by weight but this is not possible through Paypal (i dont think anyway)

1. I want to keep the pages ive created.
    2. I want to use Paypal.
    3. I also NEED to calculate shipping costs by weight. I've seen that the oscommerce shopping cart calculates by weight - but is it possible to use my own page designs with oscommerce ?

Can anyone help me please ?

Many thanks in advance !

Babyflannel

Re: Calculating shipping costs by weight

I haven't looked recently- but Paypal always did have a real time integration with UPS - and that would do the shipping by weight.

If you can't use Paypal as it stands - you could use a shopping cart like CartManager (www.moxie-enter-prises.com/cartmanager.html) or Mal's ECommerce - both which you can use the cart functions to calculate shipping - then go to Paypal to pay.

If you use OsCommerce, you will, most likely, use their templates instead of designing the pages yourself. Or hire a programmer to design them for you - and it will be limited.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers,

Thanks for the reply.

Ive spent all day searching through Paypal and cant find anything other than the two options for postage calculations ( flat rate and percentage of total spend )

Would it make a difference that im in the uk not the us ? I have a premier account which is fairly substantial for what i need - could that be a factor ? The next account up is a merchant which i wouldnt qualify for.

Im not going to give up just yet as i dont really want to conform to a template website, but the more i look, the more confused i get.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply,

BF x

Comment

I suggest you email Paypal and have them answer the question.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X