Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menubar sub-menus not expanding in Firefox

Hi,

My sub-menus on my vertical menubar do not expand in Firefox, but works perfectly in IE.

I've tried a couple of tricks, e.g. dragging the menu borders over the menu page, but then I cannot click on hyperlinks in the top part of the pages. It also effects the Gallery when viewing in IE.

Please have a look at my site with Firefox and see what I mean. Your speedy responses will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    Bless you
    Tom

Re: Menubar sub-menus not expanding in Firefox

Oh, I forgot to mention. I've restored the borders of the menu on the menu page, so all hyperlinks are working. It is just the menu not expanding.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Hi, not sure if you need to bring that menu to the front of the page. It feels like its opening behind other items on the page.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

That was one of the first things I did, but it did not help. Any more suggestions? I'm desperate...

Remember, it works fine in IE, but not in Firefox.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Hi, just see you are on the .php style. Have you brought the html box to the front of the page that the menu is in.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

One more thing Chris,

Yes it looks like its hiding behind something, but it is not. What happens is this:
            The menu was created as in this post by Naveldesign (great stuff)
            Single Menu Page with Bv and PHP

So, I have a single menu page and I'm using the HTML boxes to display it on all the other pages. The problem is that the menu bar itself is as big as the background shapes behind it. The sub-menu do not expand outside this border. If I make the menu wider, the menu expands further on all pages. The problem is that it then covers some hyperlinks when viewing with Firefox, but not in IE. Same happens with Lightboxes in Firefox (the menu covers it). In IE however, this larger menu borders covers the Gallery and cannot be accessed.

I hope this makes my problem a bit clearer. Any more ideas please?
            (But I'll check for the answer later today as it is already 01:15 here and I need some sleep). Thank you, cheers.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
              Hi, just see you are on the .php style. Have you brought the html box to the front of the page that the menu is in.
              Sorry Chris, I just saw your latest reply now. I was busy writing a 2nd reply.

Yes it is brought forward on the menu page as well.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

You need to enlarge the html box. FireFox delimits the are of the menu expansion to be the area of the html box. Just enlarge it and you will be fine.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  You need to enlarge the html box. FireFox delimits the are of the menu expansion to be the area of the html box.
                  Hi George,

I have tried this already and it does not work. It appears to me that FireFox delimits the menu expansion to be the area of the Menu itself. The area of the html box does not have any effect.

At the moment I have done both, and both are giving the following problems.

Scenario 1: Look on my homepage (in my signature) with Internet Explorer. The menu and html box covers the area to overlap the 3rd image in the Gallery and also just half way over them (vertically). I have done this on purpose so that you can see that when you enlarge the menu and/or html box over a Gallery that you cannot open the gallery. Hold your mouse over the top part then over the bottom part of the 1st three and you will see when the cursor changes to a little hand.

Scenaron 2: Open the following link with Mozilla FireFox.
                  http://www.frequentproperties.co.za/...ting2m-2m9.php
                  Here I have an i-frame and inside the i-frame I have hyperlinks and Lightboxes. You cannot open any of them on the top part of the i-frame, but you can on the bottom part that is not coverd by the enlarged menu and html box. But if you scroll up with the i-frame, same problem occurs.

I've tried many combinations but to no effect. May be I must try and find a menubar that expands vertically and not horizontally or else construct one manually by using diiferent expanded and non-expanded vertically menus on the different type of pages.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

You need to enlarge the html box. FireFox delimits the are of the menu expansion to be the area of the html box. Just enlarge it and you will be fine.
                    Hi Naval!
                    Not sure if this is correct? Its only that I have set up this page http://www.webbiesite.com/templates/redtemplate/ using the BV page layout shown in the image below & all seems to work OK.
                    As seen in the image below the html boxes are small & all over to the left & published as seen in this image.
                    All seems to work fine in FF & IE. Strange?

Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR
                      Hi George,

I have tried this already and it does not work. It appears to me that FireFox delimits the menu expansion to be the area of the Menu itself. The area of the html box does not have any effect.

At the moment I have done both, and both are giving the following problems.

Scenario 1: Look on my homepage (in my signature) with Internet Explorer. The menu and html box covers the area to overlap the 3rd image in the Gallery and also just half way over them (vertically). I have done this on purpose so that you can see that when you enlarge the menu and/or html box over a Gallery that you cannot open the gallery. Hold your mouse over the top part then over the bottom part of the 1st three and you will see when the cursor changes to a little hand.

Scenaron 2: Open the following link with Mozilla FireFox.
                      http://www.frequentproperties.co.za/...ting2m-2m9.php
                      Here I have an i-frame and inside the i-frame I have hyperlinks and Lightboxes. You cannot open any of them on the top part of the i-frame, but you can on the bottom part that is not coverd by the enlarged menu and html box. But if you scroll up with the i-frame, same problem occurs.

I've tried many combinations but to no effect. May be I must try and find a menubar that expands vertically and not horizontally or else construct one manually by using diiferent expanded and non-expanded vertically menus on the different type of pages.
                      You are wright. The menu now appears ok in both IE and FF, as well as on Opera.
                      However, seems like FF considers the menu background as ΝΟΝ transparent, and thatěs why the links unser the area of the html box don't work.

Try this trick (i don't know if it will work:

Open your menu page in BV. Click on page HTML, and paste the following code in the Between Head Tag:

<style type="text/css">
                      body {background-color: transparent}

</style>

Save and republish the menu page. Test, refreshing your page.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Try this trick (i don't know if it will work:

Open your menu page in BV. Click on page HTML, and paste the following code in the Between Head Tag:

<style type="text/css">
                        body {background-color: transparent}

</style>

Save and republish the menu page. Test, refreshing your page.
                        Hi Navel and Chris,

Thanks for all the efforts you are putting into this helping me, but my menu page is already transparent (same code you provided).

Any more ideas? I'll see you later - need to go out for a while...
                        Bless you
                        Tom

Comment

What if I put that html code in the menu html as well? Is it worth trying?
                          Bless you
                          Tom

Comment

Hi Naveldesign and Collectors-Info,

Okay, since none of the above seems to work, I've got the sollution to this problem.
                            FireFox is ONLY compatible with the DEFAULT style menu buttons if you use submenus which can expand over any linkable items such as Lightboxes and hyperlinks. For any other menu style, FF delimits the menu expansion to be the area of the Menu itself. In other words, the menu borders must stretch as far to the right and as far to the bottom as waht the menu actaully expands to. However, FF does not see its background as transparent and therefore you cannot open hyperlinks or Lightboxes that are normally under this area.

This could be a bug in BlueVoda.... Please let me know what you think about this. I will post a new thread under the Wishlist and Idea bin. may thanks for your efforts.
                            Bless you
                            Tom

Comment

Working...
                            X