my site cc welcome!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my site cc welcome!!!

Hi this is my site for well...designing web sites! My clientelle is mostly dog breeders. Please have a look and tell me what you think and where you see I need improvement!! Thanx

Thanks Niome

Re: my site cc welcome!!!

correct spelling of possible on samples page- the writing on enter page is very hard to read - either the font, font size or the color should be changed - my opinion only Interesting concept - nice logos
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

okay spelling mistake is fixed! I also altered the enter page, see if that looks better to you!

Comment

Hi Niome

I loved your site and your bueatifull dogs.

The only point i have is on your enter page the picture of the dogs was chopped personally speaking i think they attract customers to your site.

I had to scrowl to see the picture now whether this is because you have gone for a large bandwidth or not centered im not sure i did click on your other web site about golden retrievers and the picture was fine there, i loved your designs as well.

best of luck with it.
        Mirelle

Comment

Hi, thanxs for the comment! I checked my enter page after your post and it loads fine for me???? Did you have to scroll left or right? I'll try to fix it but I can't see a problem!

Comment

Hi Niome, The scrolling depends on the screen of the viewers, but if you keep your page within 800 wide everybody will be fine ( no scrolling), like you did in this page http://www.webdesignbyniome.com/enter.html.
            I think you should use pixresizer for pictures, because they do take sometime to load. If you use a picture in the shape feature, but you do not re size the picture for the dimensions that you really want to publish, then it will be like loading a big image.
            Your picture of the puppy in this page ( http://www.webdesignbyniome.com/services.html )
            is smaller of the sunset picture in my site http://www.mediterraneotanzania.com/...-italiano.html
            but load much slower because you did not re size the image.
            Also check at bottom of the page the line " contact me for more details",
            it goes almost out of the shape.
            Keep with the good work.
            Ciao
            Alas
            www.mediterraneotanzania.com

Comment

Niome, I hope you take this the right way- but your grammar and sentence structure need to be perfect if you want others to use your services. I certainly would not go to someone to make my website who doesn't know where a sentence should end, etc.

I could give many examples - and in the following case, just the writing of the paragraph is awkward:
              [quote]These logos are some samples of possible logos and are owned by webdesign by Niome please contact me if you are interested in any of these styles[/quote]
              A better way to say this:
              The logos shown here are samples of work by Web Design by Niomi and are copyrighted. Please contact Niomi if you are interested in any of these styles.
              Of course, you can rewrite it in any fashion that would be grammatically correct, but having proper English and grammar is critical to a website.

Your website needs to have a logo that stays the same on all pages - so no matter where people land, they know where they are. And then, the navigation should be standard also. On the sentence I quoted above, you say to contact you - but I don't see any easy way to do that. I suggest the word contact me a link to your contact page - but, as far as I can see, you don't have one.

The site needs continuity and flow from page to page. The pictures of the dogs are beautiful - but the pages go from somewhat centered to left aligned, to different colors and different widths, etc. I just discovered that Contact Me etc is clickable - but because you don't change the color, or bold it, or have it underlined, most may never realize it.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

These comments are great thanx everyone for your help!! I'm off to spell check and pic resize!!

Comment

Ok I think I've got it!! Please look again and let me know! BTW the samples page still takes awhile to load but I think it's because of the light boxes!!

Comment

Well, there is still no cohesive feel from page to page - no header to bring them together. You took what I wrote and put it in as another run-on sentence, so it's still not correct. Also - your URL is webdesignbyniome - but your site name should be Web Design by Nimoe - not all run together. In that PARAGRAPH - you have two sentences, but you never put in a period or capitalized the first letter in the 2nd sentence. You did the same here:
                    Please take some time and look around there's lots to see!

Also, you need to look at other websites and see what I mean about making it cohesive. There's a reason why most websites have a header - and the header and navigation follow from page to page - staying in the same place.

People will not always enter your site via your home page. In fact, as time passes, probably a larger percentage will enter from interior pages. This is as it should be. So every single page has to be a page that can stand alone if necessary. The easiest way to do this is to design it with a header and navigation that follows throughout the site. Don't make people have to use their back button or search a page to find the other pages. If I did come from your home page and clicked on Services - what if I now what to see the samples? Don't make it hard for me - I won't stay around if it is. And right now I'd have to go back or search for home to then click to samples.

You want to build sites for others, you need to make sure you know what is necessary for webpages - not just the design aspect, which you do have expertise in. The 2 have to go hand in hand on the web.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

by headers do you mean a banner or somesuch across the top with my page links there???

Comment

Okay I'm off to work now I made some more changes! Hopefully this is what you meant!

Comment

Hi Niome, in your pages " sample" & "services" you have text on top of other text.
                          Maybe is only on my Pc, has anyone else see it?
                          Alas

Comment

Hi Alas, I deleted my cookies and stuff and reloaded my pages but I don't see any overlapping text. Where are you seeing it?

Comment

Hi again, much easier to read now - as Beth suggests work on centering your pages and your wording keep up good work
                              Ann
                              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
                              X