I have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a few questions

Hi everyone. I have an account here and have been fooling around for a few weeks trying to get things working with absolutely no luck. I have a few questions:
    1) I have two domains and hosting space at GoDaddy that will expire in December, maybe January. I would like to leave my domains where they are and move my site to my hosting space here. My first question is: Is there a term/name for what I want to do ? Can I even do this ? How would I know if I have already accomplished some kind of transfer from GoDaddy to here ?
    2) I have also purchased a third domain name here. I have created an index page with BlueVoda, that I have attempted to upload/publish to the web. During the publishing process, three ? server IP addresses come up on the drop down menu. (why is there three?) The helpdesk has pointed out which of these three I should use, and the index page appears to be successfully publishing/uploading, yet when I enter my domain name in the address bar of IE, and try to view what I have just published, I get an error page. What could I be doing wrong ? (the domain name is theftaconnection.com, btw).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. TT

Originally posted by terryt
    Hi everyone. I have an account here and have been fooling around for a few weeks trying to get things working with absolutely no luck. I have a few questions:
    1) I have two domains and hosting space at GoDaddy that will expire in December, maybe January. I would like to leave my domains where they are and move my site to my hosting space here. My first question is: Is there a term/name for what I want to do ? Can I even do this ? How would I know if I have already accomplished some kind of transfer from GoDaddy to here ?
    2) I have also purchased a third domain name here. I have created an index page with BlueVoda, that I have attempted to upload/publish to the web. During the publishing process, three ? server IP addresses come up on the drop down menu. (why is there three?) The helpdesk has pointed out which of these three I should use, and the index page appears to be successfully publishing/uploading, yet when I enter my domain name in the address bar of IE, and try to view what I have just published, I get an error page. What could I be doing wrong ? (the domain name is theftaconnection.com, btw).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. TT
    Im pretty sure i got (question 2) answered....
    You MUST have the right URL when you type in your page on the address bar make sure its the right one to find out if it is heres an easy way!
    Go to file manager, then to public_html, then click on one of your pages your domain name will be listed there as well is the index or whatever page you have selected.
    But im also pretty sure this is wrong cuz i don't know really but im just here to pu stuff on this forum so i look cool!
    just kidding but if this is not right then ask one of the members or bluevoda
    Last edited by Trigger004; 11-02-2005, 07:09 AM.
    The Forced Cannot Beat the Willing...

Comment

1) Yes you want to do to is change your name servers at Godaddy to ours.
      our name servers are...

ns3.vodahost.com >> 70.86.138.226
      ns4.vodahost.com >> 70.86.138.227

Also please click the link below to learn how to do this...

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/dns/dns_godaddy.htm

2) Is theftaconnection.com you master domain name? If not you will have to
      add it to your account as an add-on domain.

Click the below link to learn how to do this.

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah
        1) Yes you want to do to is change your name servers at Godaddy to ours.
        our name servers are...

Also please click the link below to learn how to do this...

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/dns/dns_godaddy.htm

2) Is theftaconnection.com you master domain name? If not you will have to
        add it to your account as an add-on domain.

Click the below link to learn how to do this.

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm
        Lol i think i know some of the things that are goign on but sometimes...um ya im totaly off like 40 miles off lol, but thats only for this TOpic nothing else!
        but i try to be a helpful person even thou nothing of mine works
        The Forced Cannot Beat the Willing...

Comment

Hi Sarah - Thanks for the info. I just tried what you suggested and I'm sorry to say this doesn't work. When I enter the name servers that you supplied, I get a message from GoDaddy that says:

Nameserver 1 has an invalid TLD.
          Nameserver 2 has an invalid TLD.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong ?

Also, GoDaddy's system is only letting me in to do one domain at a time, (which is ok), but will I use the same nameservers for my second domain ?

thanks, TT

Comment

Daddy might be having a bad day.....

Are our name servers, lots of people are using them. Please wait 24 hours and try again. If the problem persists, please open a support ticket (mention this thread)
            and we will find an alternative solution.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi again Sarah - I just received a response from GoDaddy about why this wasn't working for me. Here's what they said about it:

Response from WILLIAM G
              11/03/2005 09:51 PMDear Terry,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

Please be sure that you are entering only the hostmask of the servers and not the IP addresses as well. You should be entering the following for your nameservers and nothing else:

ns3.vodahost.com
              ns4.vodahost.com

You would use the same nameservers for both of your domains. I hope this helps.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------
              I'll go in a little later and see if I can enter the info as shown.

thanks, TT

Comment

Please watch the below about Godaddy...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello Sarah/Brad - So I went in and made the changes as suggested, and it appears to be working. Since only some of the info provided was required, I suspect that there's more to it. I haven't figured out yet where this extra info goes or what its used for, but I suppose I'll be finding out more in the next few days.

thanks for your help so far, I really appreciate it.

TT

Comment

you only need the name servers with Gdad. The IP#'s are not required.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi again Brad - Any idea why this isn't working for me ? One of my sites (#2) was actually working for a while yesterday. Today, nothing. This suggests that the info etc was entered correctly, doesn't it ? Anyway, I've been trying to get my sites going for almost a month now, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I would have never thought that I would run into this much of a problem.

thanks, TT

Comment

Cllick and read the below and please DO NOT maintain two threads about the exact same thing.

Answers to general questions and help with common problems. For help with a specific issue, post to one of the forums below.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X