Cant get Past Thank You Page on form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant get Past Thank You Page on form

I am working on setting up a order form, I did that and and saved it as orderform. Then I made a new page as indicated for the thank you page. I did everthing that the had to be done, but when I get to the http edit, i cant find those 2 lines to edit. I done this 3 times thinking I missed something, but no luck, cant get past the part of the sequence. Please help me if you can.

My site is MusicGRam4U.com
    Attached Files

Re: Cant get Past Thank You Page on form

What do you mean by "http edit"? Theonly thing that you are actually required to do is change the email address and the mail subject in the script, to match your own, and publish the thank you page as php.

Please clarify the point that you are having a problem with.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

hi,

you need to paste this code:

----------------------------
      <?PHP
      $mailto ="exampleemail@example.com";
      $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
      if ($email == "") {
      $email = $mailto;
      }
      $mailsubj = "Type your mail subject here";
      $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
      reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
      $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
      while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
      {
      if ($key!="submit")
      {
      $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
      }
      }
      mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
      ?>
      ----------------------------

paste that "between head tag"
      change the email address, and the subject.

see torutial, scroll down the page.
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-part-1-a.html
      TEKKEN 6 Tekken 6 Fan Site.

Comment

I have followed all the instructions, but I dont know what the field

"$mailbody = "values submitted from web site form:\n"; in the HTML page

meansor what to put in there. Another issue I have is do you put the"" in the fields.

Please help
        Pete

MusicGrams4U.com

Comment

You copy and paste the script AS IT IS (with al the "" there are in there).

Change ONLY the parts in BLUE, without touching anything else.

The part you are asking about, will be the start of your email. It could be, i.e. There has been a new submission from our webform.

Please note that this script must be pasted inside the code of the "thankyou" (or "action") page, NOT in the form page.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Now I know why Web Builders get pay so much money. I have done all of those things, and when I hit the submit button on my forms page, nothing happens. This is driving me nuts, and I know it is probably a simple thing. What can I try now?

Pete

Comment

Probably the submit button is outside the form area, or you have not set an "action" for your form. Please post here the link to your form page so that we can have a look.
              Navaldesign

Comment

I finally got it. Sometimes it's the small little things that you miss like a ".", and that is all it takes to screw it up. Thanks for all your help. Aside from my mistakes, I could not have completed it without help from the forum.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                X