Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Page Centre in builder but not in preview in browser!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Centre in builder but not in preview in browser!!

Okay... On the build screen my pages are centered - everything is where I want them to be and my menu buttons are at the very left of the page. When I go to preview in browser there is a gap of my background image at the very left of my page, THEN the menu. This means that the right side of my page is cut off when you enter the browser and I have to use the scrollbar at the bottom to see my page as it looks in the build screen (which is how I want it!).
    When I set my page properties I selected "centre"...
    Can someone give me any clues as to what I'm doing wrong and how to rectify this??!!

Thanks all!
    sigpic"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Re: Page Centre in builder but not in preview in browser!!

Originally posted by PinCushionQueen
    Okay... On the build screen my pages are centered - everything is where I want them to be and my menu buttons are at the very left of the page. When I go to preview in browser there is a gap of my background image at the very left of my page, THEN the menu. This means that the right side of my page is cut off when you enter the browser and I have to use the scrollbar at the bottom to see my page as it looks in the build screen (which is how I want it!).
    When I set my page properties I selected "centre"...
    Can someone give me any clues as to what I'm doing wrong and how to rectify this??!!

Thanks all!
    Well, you always build your site tight to the left in the site builder.
    Then in page properties you click the box that says center and the page will be centered.
    There will always be space on the right an left if you have built your site correctly, but they should be even. If you set the background color to the color of your page it will look intentional.
    Make sense?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I think so (I'm a bit slow at all this!!!). I don't have any space at the right of my page though - just the left. I started this ages ago but got caught up with other things and then my PC went down and lost all my files so I'm starting again... I didn't have this trouble last time!!!

Comment

I think so (I'm a bit slow at all this!!!). I don't have any space at the right of my page though - just the left. I started this ages ago but got caught up with other things and then my PC went down and lost all my files so I'm starting again... I didn't have this trouble last time!!!
        OKay, first make sure your width is like 800 or less, or at least less than 1000
        then make sure your page is tight to the left in the builder.
        Then make sure you have ticked the center box in the page properties. then save and publish.
        then it should look right..
        what is your URL?
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Got all that! So it should look right when it's published even if it looks a bit off in the browser preview? I haven't finished the page yet so I don't want to publish it right now... Can you view it without it being published? (That's probably a ridiculous question but you asked for the URL and I'm not up and running yet!)
          Thanks for helping by the way - I get easily confused with all this!!!

Comment

Got all that! So it should look right when it's published even if it looks a bit off in the browser preview? I haven't finished the page yet so I don't want to publish it right now... Can you view it without it being published? (That's probably a ridiculous question but you asked for the URL and I'm not up and running yet!)
            Thanks for helping by the way - I get easily confused with all this!!!
            Should look fine when you preview it..and no, I can't see it til published..
            hhmmm, let me think. well, sounds like it is still wonky.
            Try this: Do select all, and look and see if you maybe have some thing sticking out on the side somewhere beyond where you ahve set your width margin.
            Even if you have set the width at say 800, if you have a word, or image sticking out further, the width will be to where it sticks out to, so it won't be centered..
            So when you select all, you will see where everything is.
            and you are quite welcome, no worries, confusion is my middle name...LOL
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
            X