Images Or Watermarks For My Art????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images Or Watermarks For My Art????

Ok New To This!! Sorry!! I Need Help Putting My Name Over All My Artwork On Here!! I Really Dont Want It To Be Copied And Manipulated With Especially All The Time Put Into My Work!! I Just Want To Be Ale To Have The Image Appear Over My Pics Like A Watermark Would So Even If Someone Copied It They Cant Really See The Pic W/o It!! I Have Windows Vista If That Helps And Dont Think I Have Photoshop As Know I Just Started Doing This A Couple Weeks Ago!! Any Input Would Be Appreciated!! Many Thanks!!

Re: Images Or Watermarks For My Art????

Hi, this post may help.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Good one Collector's ... something I have also learned is to try and use my images as small as possible so if people do try to use them they are not of much value ...
      kym, merlin & tala
      creating white majick
      www.whiteshepherds.com.au
      www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
      www.merlinsmajick.com
      www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Another good method if your pictures are part of your background or template is to use the slice tool in photoshop (not sure what other programs use it) slice around your nav buttons or links, but through your pictures (don't slice into to many pieces)>>>save for web>>>jpeg>>>quality<80%>>>save>>>save as type (set this to HTML and images)

When you want to open this template in BV >>>file>>>new page (from existing HTML page)>>>local>>>browse for file>>>select the html file from your desktop and it opens as a complete page and you work on it as normal.

This method is two fold as it:

Reduces picture size and load speed and people who "borrow" pictures will have to be good at building puzzles and will have plenty to do before they could use your pictures.

Cheers,
        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi ESALINA,

I hope you have a design program similar to photoshop and can employ the above method, because whilst we all really hate our work being copied, I always feel a watermark is like taking a spray can to a master piece in the name of copyright protection.

Unless your watermark is over the main subject or point of interest those who "borrow" pictures either crop or air brush it out any way...

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Hi ESALINA,

An example of this method is clearly visible on www.addoadventure.com Copy the large picture of the feature elephant and have a look at the results.

Cheers,
            Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer
              Another good method if your pictures are part of your background or template is to use the slice tool in photoshop (not sure what other programs use it) slice around your nav buttons or links, but through your pictures (don't slice into to many pieces)>>>save for web>>>jpeg>>>quality<80%>>>save>>>save as type (set this to HTML and images)

When you want to open this template in BV >>>file>>>new page (from existing HTML page)>>>local>>>browse for file>>>select the html file from your desktop and it opens as a complete page and you work on it as normal.

This method is two fold as it:

Reduces picture size and load speed and people who "borrow" pictures will have to be good at building puzzles and will have plenty to do before they could use your pictures.

Cheers,
              Definitely a preferred method and sound logistically. (Similar to "slicing" in Dreamweaver or HTML coding, a proven practice)
              Dually refining the performance of your site by natural load and incorporating a deterrant measure is a superior means to build a moidcum of non-interferring protection.

> Another method is using the BV-php method, which dynamically stores each page element, but is more of a task for many to apply unilaterally.

** Keep in mind the protocols for mandatory Privacy policy on sites, which should include a detailed infringement declaration .... this provides the basis for any recourse that you may elect to pursue. .... without it, you have none unless you have a valid Registration.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Esalina,
                What you are thinking is horrid. It will spoil the presentation of your artwork to the viewer. I hate watermarks in the middle of the photo
                and would just leave the website and surf elswhere. I guess there are millions more like me on the internet.

In your blue voda website builder there is an icon title "shape" click on this icon and open a shape exactly the size of your artwork and place it over your master piece. Double click on the shape and the properties will appear select "transparent" and walla your artwork will appear. Lock your artwork and shape and you are ready to display a large masterpiece on your webpage.

Whoever rig***lick and 'save as' your artwork will be saving the empty shape and not the artwork.
                www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi zuriatman,

I agree with you thoughts on watermarks and that they should be reserved for sites which sell pictures only...

That method is one step away from being a waste of time and is easily bypassed. I won't post the very easy bypass method here, but be careful of this method it is just a very small stumbling block to people who "borrow" pictures.

You can mail me through my first site if you would like to know the easy loopholes in the method.

Cheers,
                  Andrew

sigpic

Comment

If you are selling art you almost have to do watermarking if you have a photo of a painting that is larger enough for people to see the detail of. You can put a small verion or a twisted version etc - people may not steal it but they won't buy it either.

I like your idea ianric regarding shapes - one question, what happens if someone prints the screen? That is one thing lots don't think of with ways to protect artwork.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any easy answers. I think as artists we have to think of what our priorities are. Do we want to sell our work? Do we want to give it away? Do we want to use it to promote our site to make money (or up the cause we started it for)? etc. That will probably decide what path we go down.
                    www.dinkdy.info
                    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
                    www.thegemlovers.com
                    www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

This is a forum, not a tea party......and some of the people offering advice are less than proven, or maintain a nefarious reputation for non-compliance and deceptive practices as well.

Limit your inquiries to receive focused, proven solutions from those who have personally demonstrated the principles of which they speak....for best results and no regrets. Do a Forum Search with the Key Words of interest to bone up on VodaTalk standard practices and reliable solutions....."collect" good advice and acknowledge those who seem to offer continuity and worthy contribution to the community. You will be glad you did!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I think the watermarking I am doing on my new art site (launching any day now) do the job nicely. For a preview check out the painting photo I have on www.dinkydi.info/gifts.php It does the job of protecting the photo, but you can still see the details - & the design fits in well with Aboriginal art.
                        www.dinkdy.info
                        www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
                        www.thegemlovers.com
                        www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Working...
                        X