Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary Domain File Location Change?

Hello

I have just opended a new account with Vodahost and see that the files associated with the Primary Domain (used to open the account) have to reside in the root of the 'public_html' folder. In my case, I am using NetObjects Fusion 8 and the primary domain has something like 700+ files loaded to the root at present, which clutters up this root folder.

Question: can I set up a folder off the root for the primary domain, such that your server points to this folder, along similar lines to using the 'add-domain' facility for subsequent domains?

Regards

Steven.....

You can set up as many folders as you like public_html/folder
    Just be organized and do not break directory structures.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sarah
      Thanks for the reply, but I cannot see that this answers my query. When you use the 'add-domain' facility, the system sets up a new folder (ie: site2) in public_html and the user uploads Site 2 files into that folder, which then becomes a sub-domain off the primary domain.

In the case of the primary domain (Site 1), as far as I can see, the user is required to upload files into public_html folder and this is where I have an issue due to the high number of files generated by NetObjects Fusion 8 that would otherwise clutter up that folder.

Right now, I cannot see in CPanel how the user can create a folder in public_html (named ie: site1) which then tells your server to point to that folder rather than public_html for files relating to Site 1 (Primary Domain).

Unless I have missed a trick, using the add-domain facility to create a Site 1 folder would only result in a sub-domain with the same name as the primary domain being created.
      Last edited by Steven Cole; 11-03-2005, 09:28 AM.

Comment

This is down to how you ftp if you want to upload to site2 set your ftp to public_html/site2 (You must create site2 first).

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I understand your point thanks. However, the issue here is that users have to upload files relating to the primary domain (used to open the account in the first place) directly to public_html, NOT a folder off public_html. In my case, I want to create a folder off public_html which I can store all the primary domain files and get your server to point to that folder. Using the 'add-domain' only creates a sub-domain, so no use in this instance.

I appreciate that I could create the folder myself and upload the files using FTP. No problem, but then how does the server know that calls to the primary domain must look in that new folder, not public_html?

Comment

Working...
          X