Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

Hi;
    I am using SOHO. I was working on it today, I took a break and when i came back in about 2 Hrs, I couldn't get into my program. Please could someone help me.
    My store is out there I know that, I just can't get in to try and finish it up.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Re: help

Add the sohoadmin after the domain

http://www.serenityindooroutdoorfountains.com/sohoadmin

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

it doesn't work for my site. Why?
      Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
      Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

Pristine

It doesnt work for your site because you used bv for your site. You havent INSTALLED soho yet so you cant log in to what doesnt exist. Ive told you this before! You have to install it to use it. It doesnt magically install itself and make it available for your use.

Please READ the sticky at the top of this page on HOW TO INSTALL SOHO. Then it might work for you!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

WAIT .. you couldnt find it if I gave you a map..

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/soh...must-read.html

There just click that.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

same problem here. I have not made the mistakes in the previous posts in this thread either.

I've heeded the advice of a previous thread to send a support ticket. Any help here would be appreciated.

Just shows page not found. Was working fine about 3 hours ago.

Tried http://www.serenityindooroutdoorfountains.com/sohoadmin which is Kingtut's website and it won't give me the login screen either.

bug on the hosting side?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
              WAIT .. you couldnt find it if I gave you a map..

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/soh...must-read.html

There just click that.

Karen
              No need to be so 'hateful and sarcastic' in your replies to me Karen, you'd make other NEWBIES in webpage creating, like myself, afraid to ask questions in the future, still I appreciate your replying. Now if you'd like to answer another question, "What, if any, is the difference between the CPanel in BV website builder and the CPanel in Soholaunch?" Can we have/use BOTH at the same time and use BV website builder to build our pages, then use Soholaunce to edit if we choose to get a shopping page at a later date?
              Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html

Comment

Paul and Chuck...

The link to Chucks site was working last nite. I checked. Its now now working however, so yes put in a support ticket! Might be an issue as there were alot of RAGING Thunderstorms last nite that COULD affect the server.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Pristine...

If you would take the time to READ what i have posted to you several times, then I wouldnt get snotty. I get tired of repeating myself. I spend about 25 to 30 hours a week sometimes helping newbies for free I might add, and I expect them to take the time to read what i post or email them about, and not waste my time. If it takes a smack to get your attention.. then so be it. I could easily get paid for the work I do, so that RESPECT goes both ways, you dont bother to read or follow directions, then you just dissed me!

The Cpanel to your account is just that. Its where you actually access the server space you are alloted on your account. There are tutorials on that in that thread that you need to read!!!!!

The Cpanel to Soho is for administering the Soho site itself. Most builders have a CPANEL of sorts to assist in building, and uploading files specific to that software, and catalog driven carts, as in soho, for maintaining your databases and creating your pages.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen;or onyone who can help

I put in a support ticket for this problem, because I still can't get to my site this morning. If you would when you get time go and check it outfor me,please this is driving me nuts. I don't have much hair left from pulling on it on my "other store" If you know what I mean. I'm bald enought, I got One of my nieces calling me uncle baldy.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I see what you mean KingTut, all that comes up on your pages is your sitemap.

Comment

Update:

Well my support ticket went through, about 6 hours ago, managed to log on through sohoadmin, called it a night, went to sleep. Woke up, ready to grin and bear the continued editing and presto!

"Page not found". Again. Replied to the original support ticket, hoping that someone can come to a solution here.

Logged in here, and got caught in the login screen loop, had to reset my password for the forums. Seems like THAT at least works now.

http://www.cellopro.net/sohoadmin just doesn't load. I checked out kingtut's site, getting into the directory is interesting, but when clicking on the sohoadmin file folder at the bottom, same problem as me.

I have disabled all firewalls, adblockers, antivirus and have cleared java and IE caches completely.

All other websites load fine, it's just the login.

Help! Wasted yesterday with this, and like many of you, my time is very precious.

Paul

Comment

Kingtut, did you just republish your website while renaming the pages differently?

Back to the problem at hand, I'm basically going to backup all my web pages, in a seperate folder, here's how you can do this: Go to your Cpanel, NOT the one you get by typing in www.yourdomain.com/sohoadmin do this by logging in to your cPanel of your site. This means that you drag out the vodahost email that I know you saved, which has your site that maybe looks like this: http://www.yourdomain.com/~lkjwidlf and enter your master password that is there. You will find yourself looking at a cPanel.

Click on the icon that says FILE MANAGER

Bear in mind that this is NOT the sohopanel. This is your files, and junk that is actually stored on voda servers. Click on the public_html folder. You will notice your .php menu buttons here. Ignore them for now.

You will notice a folder called sohoadmin there. Open it up.

Now click on the folder icon next to tmp_content. New page pops up and you see your work you've put into the website. Open it up and you see, wow...all .con and .regen files. This is the work you have done so far on your website.

You will see things like Home_Page.con and Home_Page.regen

For my particular problem, I was working on a page called Video_Compilation. The entire program froze and I was forced to reboot. Before that it was lagging drastically. This is when the cPanel login didn't work when I tried to log back in. I'm going to mess around with this. This was a HUGE link page. I stuck Video_Compilation.regen in the trash but didn't empty it. I viewed the file Video_Compilation.con and found it to be an adequate place to start. Now it's time to save.

So, basically you can now copy and paste to notepad all of your work if you need to, either by saving the html (if you're using the same template after a reinstall), or jsut save the text to creat new objects if you wish.

Conversely, you can do a shortcut and store all your files in a temporary folder that you create in cPanel, then move them back to the temp folder once you have created your menu bar again, I basically wanted to reset everything to clean up the template and try a new one anyway, so I went to the public_html folder, highlighted all my pages, pasted it into notepad, so I can easily create new pages again just by looking at the text file.

Close out the File Manager window, go back to your cPanel, click on fantastico, delete the soho install, reinstall, and pop your files back in, or experiement.

I noticed that there were duplicate pages. It may be that when you delete pages in soho, they still remain in the public_html folder unless they are renamed EXACTLY like the old ones. Keep it clean. Get rid of them if you don't need them, since if someone mis-types a page name and points the browser to www.yourdomain.com/vids.php and you had renamed that at a later date to www.yourdomain.com/videos.php they will get a 404 or page not found. Worse still they could possibly get outdated information. (If you had been working on that page at some point and gave up) Save whatever you can, or want to. Since my website is mainly text at this point, I just highlighted and copied the pages I'd done to notepad, for simpler uploading.

These are step by step guidelines if you want to try uninstalling and reinstalling soho, but don't want to lose your website. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT GOES IN WHAT FOLDER if you're just saving work to a folder you have made. Nothing like a paper and pencil to keep things straight.

I will try the reinstall and see what happens.

Paul

Comment

SohoLaunch is not the most user friendly program in the world. I must admit I found it riddled with issues, bugs etc etc. I finally got it to come together despite it taking me 8 weeks longer than I had estimated to make it. I can't say I am it's number one fan!

This post will self destruct any second...
                            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Starting to see that. However, all programs require knowledge of their use, and any time you use a computer language program, to create a computer-based product, if you're a rookie, it takes awhile. I'm going to stick it out for now, besides any work I do on the website I take with me if I decide to go to another program.

I think the word is "import"

P

Comment

Working...
                              X