Error 12029

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 12029

Hi, domain www.comprehensiveconception.com. I receive the error messge 12029 when trying to publish. I have read the tutorials. I have turned off Norton, I have turned off windows firewall, I have turned off modem firewall, I have checked for any other firewalls within my computer and there are none, I have rung my internet provider and they do not have a hidden firewall. I have read and reread the same error messages from others in this forum to either find out it was a voda issue with the ip or that there problem appears unresolved...maybe they got a ticket. Do I just jump straight in to get a ticket. The ip is 75.126.169.140 and yes I have the new version of BV that I installed before making up the pages and publishing. Help, I have spent hours and hours on trying to fix this at my end before even thinking of annoying anyone on the forum.
    Help please this is very frustrating.

Re: Error 12029

Yoda

Are you running NORTON internet security? Make sure you add BV to the programs list and allow ALL access! Norton also runs in the back ground and on the boot sector so shutting it off in Windows doesnt always FIX the connection problems. Adding and Allowing programs most generally does.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, yes we have norton. I have turned it off, I have turned it on and added BV as a safe option with no luck. I am currently trying to unistall norton completely which is proving to be a feat in itself. I am concerned that all this further effort will be to no avail as many others have already reported making all the changes but still get the same error message.

Comment

Yoda,

Theres a couple of things you can do.. Not only add it as safe, but in the firewall should be a list of allowed programs, it needs to be there. You can also add your sites to the trusted site lists in explorer.

I havent run NORTON in so Long i forget totally how to remove it, but there is a way to do that and remove all the files associated with it. All those errors and fixing them was one of the reasons I dumped it. That and the accessing the boot sector where I couldnt get it to configure properly wouldnt even allow some solitaire card games to load. I do remember booting in dos, and deleting the norton subdirectories in about 15 places to get it out of the boot sector.

You might Google a search for Removing Norton etc.. and see if you can come up with any assistance.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen, I offically hate Norton! We only recently bought it and thought we were being so responsible. I have spent literally three hours trying to unistall it. Finally I found this link http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoff...product_ts.jsp
          which allows you to select your Norton program type which ours is Internet Security 2007 which finally I landed at this link
          http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=hot&docid=20060830144554 06&nsf=nav.nsf&view=docid&seg=hho&**=en&ct=us&pid= 2006083014455406&pkb=nav for and had to download a special unistall device! It worked and then my page published! Sorry for doubting it had to be totally removed but I did add BV to all the bits I could find in Norton to say it was safe but as you have said it runs in the background. I will not reinstall it and would not recommend Norton to anyone! Thank you for jumping in and helping, much appreciated. I hope the above links help others get to the crux of the problem much faster than I did.
          YODAVODA

Comment

Yoda

Yer WELCOME :). I had a hunch it was Norton. There are other firewalls much easier to maintain than their all in one product. Another simple solution and added protection is just to run a router between you and your modem. They are fairly cheap these days. You still need to run a software one, but like i said there are ones alot less headache to configure and operate.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X