Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help picking dedicted server

Hi
    1st of vodahost rules thanks to vodahost. I have a very sucsesfull site making me good money i have a lot of memeber (2042) and growing by 30+ aday normaly 37 to 40 on avreg. That is all thanks to vodahost it took me a long time to find the right market to get in to and now am in it am doing relly well.

My porblem is am doing a bit to well in the fact i need dedicated or semi dedicted server. I read all the forums like dp whm and i dont have a clue what there talkin about all

3xsuper ram finge a me bob superfast this and that lol

Every one saying dif things about the same comp it give in me a bad head lol

So what i want to ask is who do vodahost recomend as the next step up. Can vodahost do somefin for me. I would love it if you could but carnt find any info on it . I trust vodahost as there service is second to non.

Thanks
    Daz1034

Re: need help picking dedicted server

I would open a support ticket and as VH directly.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

http://www.vodahost.com/prices.htm

You can order a dedicated ip through the above link ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hey Ladyeye,

A dedicated IP isn't the same as a dedicated server. I suspect that due to the volume he is experiancing- he is either approaching or going over the 600gig bandwidth/month limit. Therefore, he would have to increase that via VH or purchase space on a dedicated server platform. For instance, a VH server may hold 50 accounts all using 600gig bandwidth per month. To accomodate one customer using three times that (600 x 3)- they would allocate (dedicate) that space to him/her for a price. The other way to do it would be to purchase a server and run a T3 line at your house.

The dedicated IP address means that the IP Number will not change- you would always be able to access your website via the IP number or the website name. Currently, they can change out a server and re-do IP addresses never affecting you our I when we type in our website name as it would be directed to the appropriate server (IP).

Hope that makes sense.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi yes thats what amn going to have to do i did not want to submit a ticket as i fell abit checky asking one company to recomend a competiter i would love it if i could stay with vodahost i will send a ticket and thingers crosst thay have a way to upgrade my accont but i just can see it advertisd so not holding out much hope and i need it fully managed as i dont have a clue how a server works and have not got the time or the will to learn,

Comment

Working...
          X