Google's WatchRank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google's WatchRank

Is anyone here using it and do I have to fill in the 'host' info part or will the Google API be sufficient? Thanks in advance
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Re: Google's WatchRank

Hi Pristine,

To be honest I wouldn't bother with it. There are many tools you can use to keep an eye on your ranking out there.

Whilst I am here, you have an image behind your background image that I don't think should be there. It's a logo box with the word logo on it so I presume you tried to make a banner but changed your mind, however you left it there on your page. You only get a very quick glimpse of it when the page loads but you need to look at removing this.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, but there IS a logo on my end, it should say, "Where is Your Life Taking You". I did see a white blank box pop up before the banner above loaded. What browser are you using?

And for the ranking? Which tools would you recommend other than Googles' WatchRank?
      Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html

Comment

Sorry, I CAN see a logo now on TOP of your background image, however, you still have a banner underneath the background too. You need to move your background down a bit temporary then I am sure you will see it behind. Just click it once and hit your delete button.

Try this for checking rankings, backlinks, search engine positioning etc

http://www.iwebtool.com/tools/

However, and I don't mean this in a bad way but you are a long way off getting any good ranking yet. You need to set up links from other sites back to you where you can. Try and find sites that are related and that have good rankings themselves. Visit search engines, forums, directories, in fact anywhere you can find to leave your link on to your site. Search engines MUST see other websites linking to your site to even begin to consider it important enough to rate.

Hope this helps.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
          Sorry, I CAN see a logo now on TOP of your background image, however, you still have a banner underneath the background too. You need to move your background down a bit temporary then I am sure you will see it behind. Just click it once and hit your delete button.
          I found and fixed it. Thanks Marincky.
          Try this for checking rankings, backlinks, search engine positioning etc

http://www.iwebtool.com/tools/

However, and I don't mean this in a bad way but you are a long way off getting any good ranking yet. You need to set up links from other sites back to you where you can. Try and find sites that are related and that have good rankings themselves. Visit search engines, forums, directories, in fact anywhere you can find to leave your link on to your site. Search engines MUST see other websites linking to your site to even begin to consider it important enough to rate. No reminders needed here as I already know I've got a long way to go for ranking, but would like to see how much progress I've made, if any, in 2 wks that its been on the www. No need to apologize neither Marincky, as it's comments from folks here in BV like yourself, that is teaching me new things every day. I sincerely appreciate them. This was my very first attempt ever in creating a website, and all that I'm reading here in the past 2 wks is totally new territory for me. I'm still learning the lingo.

Hope this helps.
          Yes, this helped a lot, BTW, where's NavelDesign? Haven't seen him around lately, I hope it wasn't something I said.

Comment

I am sure he is around somewhere.

Don't be fooled too much by this ranking thing either, it's a bit deceptive. Some sites that have 0 ranking get more hits than sites with a 5 or a 6 ranking. It's a Google toy, there are many other search engines out there, there are many other techniques for getting hits and sales on your websites and there is a billion and one different people out there wanting to tell you something different.

My advice is to teach and learn yourself. Yes sure take good advice from people like Naval but no one on this planet knows your website and your business more than you. You know who and what your targets are and you will make mistakes but you will also learn from these and better yourself over time.

1o years ago I didn't know where the 'On' button was on my PC. Today I run a very sucessful business marketing businesses on the internet, I may not follow all the rules, but heck... I make a lot of money and I don't have one unhappy customer.

I was a truck and coach driver before this, I knew nothing about building sites, optimising them etc etc. Just play with it Pristine, find out what works for you and STICK TO IT, don't follow everyone else....

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
              However, and I don't mean this in a bad way but you are a long way off getting any good ranking yet. You need to set up links from other sites back to you where you can. Try and find sites that are related and that have good rankings themselves. Visit search engines, forums, directories, in fact anywhere you can find to leave your link on to your site. Search engines MUST see other websites linking to your site to even begin to consider it important enough to rate.
              Hope this helps.
              You are unnecessarily mixing up opinion with fact here, Major.....and unfortunately, leaving the wrong impression for many to mis-read.

Reciprocol links are useful to add the dynamics to websites, and there are many means to accomplish this, but they are in no way required or preferred in the slightest!
              You can have wonderfully composed Content, and have seeded links strategically across the web, but if your website is constructed sloppily or does not achieve "Perfect Page" acceptability in the metrics of today's Search Engines, then your site will be relegated to lesser importance overall. (Perfect Page is the basis for all SE recognition, just like building blocks: get the foundation done first before discussing the colors of the flag to fly at the top. PPage, Content, Relevancy, and dynamics...in that order)

I believe it is to advise with current facts and provable points of interest, so others can benefit more universally, Marincky....don't you agree?
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili my friend,

Sorry maybe my post was not written well. I agree entirely with you, but not wanting or having the time to write an essay on how to create the perfect site (if such a thing exists, as there are so many variations and views about exactly how to do this). I would love to spend the time as I am sure you would on helping everyone create such a site but then you and I would have no time to do anything else in life. I was merely pointing out a method of many many issues involved in the creation of a good business website portal.

Oh and I too have a couple of sites with no linking programs involved as you mentioned, they are not required or preferred necessarily.

Also bear in mind that probably a majority of people making websites don't delve even 10% into the true ways of creating their stable foundations, they just want a nice colour background (in their eyes) some sloppy text and a page title entitled 'page 1' or 'about Fred'!! It's those people I offer my little bit of advice to as it can't do any harm eh??

Anyway mate, take care. You are privilaged to enjoy my last post. Just can't bow down to any more of my posts being deleted as and when someone feels the need to.

Comment

Vasili,
                  You use the term "perfect page". It is the first time I have come across it. Is there any info about this? You put this first on your list so it is appears that one really should be aware of this before everything else. My cart may be so far in advance of my horse that it is probably over the horizon by now!
                  Regards,
                  James.
                  http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Working...
                  X