Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Tags

Hi everyone,

I have a new site which has published OK but I cannot get any page words or meta tags recognised by Google etc. It only recognises the IP address in the address bar. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Meta tags

Hello
    Your site probably has not been found by Google yet, give it time.
    egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
    Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Re: Meta tags

what's your site?????
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Re: Meta Tags

This thread has been moved to the appropriate forum. Now, I suggest you start by reading the ebook in my signature - to optimizing your site. Then, if you want help, we need to see the site.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,
          I have been reading a lot your comments about SE's, meta tags,etc. Found your post above and would like to ask you (when you have some time) if you could have a look in my site and let me know what you think about the the key words I'm using, their position on the page..and where or what I need to improve. (some of the most important key words in my business are: new zealand tours and auckland tours) site: www.nzbrtours.com

Many thanks in advance,
          N Z B R
          t o u r s
          New Zealand Tours
          Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
          Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Hi NZBR,
            First, the way you have the top line on the page right now - it looks like you did it for se's. Never do anything JUST for se's - make sure it will be good for your visitors also. That looks unprofessional right now - but you can turn that around so it works for your visitors by making it into a headline up there. Capitalize the words - make sure you separate the phrases - use either a - or | between them - center the entire thing - make sure that it is first good for your visitors.

Now as to your text. You need your paragraphs to be in complete sentences. Make the text interesting - make it speak to the viewer. Don't make it boring - like your line "On this page"

Here's a possible rewrite of some of this:

Take the New Zealand tour you've always dreamed of!

NZBR Tours has been providing tours from Auckland since 2002 to some of the most amazing places in New Zealand. Tours run in both the North and South Islands of New Zealand. You'll enjoy Rotorua,
            Waitomo Caves, Bay of Islands and Coromandel in some tour packages.

Let NZBR organize your New Zealand Tour while you simply prepare yourself to have the time of your life. NZBR takes the work out of your hands and organizes the activities and facilities, handles planning your special getaway and saves you time and money.

etc, etc. That isn't necessarily what you want to use either - but use the action verbs - make it interesting - get rid of boring -

Overall - use of the words seems fairly good.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for the help Beth.

On the thread above this one you have mentioned that "You need to open an html box and put this text there. Place the html box on the page where you want the text to appear. (You'll find the icon to add a html box to your page on the top of the icons that run down the left side of BV."

Maybe I should use this html code on the top of the page and centered. This way would not only look more professional, as you said, but also optimized for the SE's. What do you think? And how would I put this sentence in the h1:
              (capital letters as you have suggested):

NEW ZEALAND TOURS - AUCKLAND TOURS - NEW ZEALAND SMALL GROUP TOURS

Thanks again,
              N Z B R
              t o u r s
              New Zealand Tours
              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

No you don't want ALL capital letters, that's shouting lol - you just want the first letters capitalized. And I suggest your h1 should be below the header - not all the way at the top - but you could put it there! Where ever you put it - use the following guideline - change the font etc as needed:

<center><h1><font face="tahoma" size="3" color="FFFF00">New Zealand Tours - Auckland Tours - New Zealand Small Group Tours</font></h1></center>

Better for a headline:

<center><h1><font face="tahoma" size="3" color="FFFF00">New Zealand | Auckland Tours and Small Group Tours</font></h1></center>
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth.

I will not only do that but also follow your tips regarding making the text 'less boring' lol. Agree with you: it has to be a nice reading for people....so they will 'need' to take some wonderful time off in NZ!! lol

Ater finishing the changes, will ask you again to take a quick look at it if you don't mind.

Cheers,
                  N Z B R
                  t o u r s
                  New Zealand Tours
                  Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                  Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Will be happy to look again when you're ready :)
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth,

Have made a few changes:
                      - text is more attractive
                      - h1 inserted

Few questions:
                      1) I can't see the h1 html code that I've done when I 'right click'>>>page HTML. Is it normal?
                      2) Once this SE Optimization is done, can I forget about it? I've read that you should 'do your best' and wait for the SE's. And that's not good to keep changing the content all the time. Shall I do the SEO for all the pages or only my 'index' (main page)?
                      3) I've also set up a Forum. I've read that's important for your site. How important is the constant update of the forum? Inviting people to join, writing posts, put news about different subjects,etc... Do SE's like when you have a 'busy' forum?

Lot's of questions...sorry

Many thanks in advance.
                      N Z B R
                      t o u r s
                      New Zealand Tours
                      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

I've never used a forum or blog to advance my sites. It is something that can be very worthwhile - but only if you're going to make sure it's updated regularly - and, I'd say at least a couple times a week for a blog - more often for a forum.

I did a view source and search for h1 and found the following:

<center><h1><font face="arial" size="3" color="000000">New Zealand | Auckland Day Tours and Small Group Tours</font></h1></center>

So, yep, it's there on your page.

No, you can never forget about your optimization - unless you want to forget about your customers. Just as your customers are always going to be changing - so will the otpimization. Keep on top of it and you'll do well.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks a lot Beth!

I thought that the hardest work would be to build the site....wrong! Simply because it'll never end, I guess. Lot's of small (and big) things to fix and change,etc... Now that I have the forum, it's even more work. It's an on going job.
                          N Z B R
                          t o u r s
                          New Zealand Tours
                          Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                          Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Yes, a successful website is a constant work in progress :)
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                            X