Forums??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums??

Sorry - I'm in trouble again! I want to add a forum to my site so my visitors can chat about stuff. There's probably loads already asked about this but I get lost easily and I can't find the relevant tutorial (but that could just be me being dumb...!)

How do I add a forum? Is this something I can do on Bluevoda or do I have to do it on one of those sites where you make your guestbook, for example, and then copy and paste the code onto my page? Because I'm just getting the hang of things here so I don't want to confuse myself with too much external info!!!

A really simple bit of advice would be a HUGE help!!!
    sigpic"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Re: Forums??

Hi, there are a couple of FREE choices in your c panel for forums under fantasico. PHBB seems to be the most common to use. It can be set up on your site automatically. Just make sure you create a folder/directory for the new forum & don’t overwrite your site.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

Creating a forum is not as easy as adding a guest book or other stuffs in BV.

My advise to you is that, do alittle bit of read up on the forum software (that you are fancy of) before you do an installation.

I'm using vBulletin for my forum. It's not free but it's quite stable and easy to use.

You may go to my forum site to hv a look (www.BabyandPapa.com/forums)

Cheers!
      Cheers,
      Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
      A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Comment

Thanks guys...

Where do I find fantastico? I can't find anything called that in my control panel...

I'm also a bit unsure what is meant by saving it to a different folder (like, don't put it in my BV folder??!) as I don't want to overwrite my site!!!

Also, how do I go about naming it? Is this done the same as naming all BV pages??!!

Thanks - sorry for being dense!!

Comment

Oh wait - got it! Sorry!!!

Comment

Hi,

good luck with your forum. Just remember to keep an eye on it, I have been spammed relentlesly and not taken the time to moderate it properly. So my advise would be to manage it tightly from the start,

all the best

Dave
            Dave

Law of Attraction Books
            Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
            Reiki Books

Comment

Thanks Dave! Fab piece of advice! Hope you've got your spamming under control...

Kind Regards,

Fiona

Comment

Working...
              X