Help - IFrame skips to full page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - IFrame skips to full page

I have created a page that has my generic menu bar at the top (this is NOT what I want in the Iframe) and the rest of the page has been set up into an Iframe. The Iframe should show my message board with the generic menu on top(generic menu not in the Iframe). Although when I go to the page, the site refreshes and the page that should be inside the Iframe is now the entire page, also my menu bar is nowhere to be seen.

Is there a code to make the page stay inside the frame?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Here is the address in which I am working on:

http://www.theironfists.com/index_clone.html

Re: Help - IFrame skips to full page

You need to reset the "Target" in the links within the iFrame....(leave blank).

Secondly, you need to re-publish the iFrame on a page separately in the exact proportion and position you wish that page to present, otherwise it will try to squeeze it into the iFrame you specified.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I cannot publish the page that was supposed to be in the frame as it is hosted by a third party. Also, I am not sure what you mean when you say "target" as there is no option saying target

Also, I tried the same thing with google.ca and it worked out exactly how i wanted it to work.

Any help?

Comment

In BV, when you double-click on your iFrame, you are asked top establish the URL of the contents to which the iFrame will link to....merely type in the full URL of the page you wish to display in the iFrame (i.e. www.anotherpage.com ), and leave the "Target" selection blank.

Before saving this BV page with the iFrame newly set up, right-click on the iFram box and set "Bring To Front", save page, re-publish.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK I did that but it still jumps and makes the enitre page what should be in the frame.

I took a screenshot of the properties I have it seto to.

www.theironfists.com/test.html

That link is just the screen shot.

Anything else I should try?

Comment

Hi. With the iframe, the initial opening page doesn’t have this facility. The links on the iframe page are the ones that should have the attributes of _blank/_self & so on. These links are the ones that you can have opening within the frame or outside.
            I tried your link as a test on my machine & it jumps out the iframe too. I can only assume that for some reason there is a redirect at the forum end that is set to “_blank” that makes this happens. It maybe worth asking on their forum or droping them an email to see if this can be changed.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X