Need Help adding Document Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help adding Document Link

I am not sure if I can explain what I want to do. I want to put a word on a page that you can click on and it will take you to a document with information. I did it on my old site i started.
    http://undrtheclthsline.com/movieoftheweekreviews.aspx
    when you click on the above link it will take you to the page, if you click Smokin' Aces on that page it takes you to a review of the movie. I want to do this on my voda pages I am working on. Would appreciate any help anyone could give me

Re: Need Help adding Document Link

What you are wanting to do is link the word to the page in question.

What you do is type your word, then highlight it as if you were going to copy and paste it, then you go to insert, and choose link, and then you type in the address of where your page is located ....

One suggestion for you is, if the page that you are directing them is off of your own site, set the target for this link as _blank - this will then open that new page in another browser window, leaving your site still open when they close that window ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

yes...that is what I want to do...I just do not understand where to store this page I want to have the word linked to...I am going to have serveral word documents I want to link to different words.

Comment

Hi there

Okay, well firstly if they are microsoft word documents, you won't be able to use those, so I can recommend you copy and paste and adjust these word documents onto a blue voda page .... or you can convert your word document into a pdf file and upload it to your site ...

Either way you would store these pages within your account ...

On a Blue Voda page - name, save and publish the page and apply the link to that page via that word you would like to link to ...

Now for a pdf document you need to do things a little differently,
        you upload your pdf document via your ftp server, found in your control panel, you then use the link of your site with the name of the pdf document after it and then apply this is the link to the word you want to link from again ....

Examples

A blue voda page link would be http://www.yourdomainname.com/nameofbluevodapage.html

Or A Pdf document would be

http://www.yourdomainname.com/nameofpdfdocument.pdf

Notice the difference in the file extensions ...

And remember, it is important to name the same and link the same, all small letters, no spaces ....

Try it out and if you need further assistance there are tutorials and further help for you ...

For a free pdf converter you can download one here www.primopdf.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This is exactly what I want to do too. I want to link a few .PDF files for people. I uploaded them using FTP, but I moved them to a different folder. Do I include that folder in the link?

ie: www.myname.org/<foldername>/pdffile.pdf

Thanks.

Chuck

Comment

ie: www.myname.org/<foldername>/pdffile.pdf

Yes.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X