Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleeeze check my new site

Hi everyone,

With some trepidation I have published my site to Vodahost and ask for feedback on it. I've a thick skin so feel free to be thorough. Thank you all in advance and a special thank you to Bluevoda and Vodahost. What a pleasure it was to construct my website!!

www.fimbarbados.com

Fimbar

Re: Pleeeze check my new site

Hi your off to a great start & I will have a look at the http://www.dateblocker.com/ software. I am sure that there are many that this bit of software might help. Would be interesting to see what you think of it.

As for your site? Couple of suggestions that may help.
    The text on the buttons is a bit fuzzy looking & not very clear.
    The pages would look a lot better centered.
    And last be not least, my pet hate with images. lol. You could reduce the image loading times by ½ if you reduce the KB’s. Your ones are quite good & I wouldn’t worry to much. But if you get time it will all help with the speed of your pages loading. This image below is well over half the size of the one on your site, but still looks about the same.
    If you need any help, just pop a post back here.

Good luck.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info
      Hi your off to a great start & I will have a look at the http://www.dateblocker.com/ software. I am sure that there are many that this bit of software might help. Would be interesting to see what you think of it.

As for your site? Couple of suggestions that may help.
      Thanks very much!
      I've used Viners Hand font - could this be the problem with the fuzzy wording?

With respect to the images: I used PIXresizer and the default setting. What do you suggest as a good baseline resolution for faster loading?

The dateblocker software seemed very good - I have to admit I opted for this because the calendar was good, could be embedded and can be tailored to match the rest of the site. In addition, the form sent the request and success emails without flaw because I was having difficulty creating forms with this functionality.

Thanks again - I'll make the changes when I've heard from you.

Fimbar

Comment

it is looking great ... my only comment would be maybe use a different font for the descriiptive text as I find it very hard to read ... it looks god in the headings though ... also some of the pages took quite a while to load .. good luck with it all ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi Kim and Merlin,

Thanks for taking the time to review my site. Your comments are appreciated.

Fimbar

Comment

Hi, with the PIXresizer quite a few forget (me included) to un-tick the 100% tag to choose a smaller image size. So basically what happens is the image gets reduced real well, but if one of the smaller image size boxes was checked it would reduce it even further, & sometimes half again. So your image on the front page is 600x450=63kb even though you have used the image handles to make it 316x217, its still 63kb. The one in the last post is 318x239=22kb Deduct one from the other & this amount has been saved. (Nearly 2/3rds on one image)
            As mentioned before!, yours are not bad & will load fine; it was just some extra tuning that may help. Especially when you get quite a few images on one page as all the kb’s accumulate & start to slow things down.
            PIXresizer is a real handy tool, but I personally tend to use MS picture manager for basic reductions, It’s also simple tool, but just a little more flexible.

Good luck.
            Ps, there has been quite a few on the forum with B&B/holiday lets that this bit of software will really help. I haven’t seen a free one of these before
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by fimbar
              Thanks very much!
              I've used Viners Hand font - could this be the problem with the fuzzy wording?

With respect to the images: I used PIXresizer and the default setting. What do you suggest as a good baseline resolution for faster loading?

The dateblocker software seemed very good - I have to admit I opted for this because the calendar was good, could be embedded and can be tailored to match the rest of the site. In addition, the form sent the request and success emails without flaw because I was having difficulty creating forms with this functionality.

Thanks again - I'll make the changes when I've heard from you.

Fimbar
              Yes the fuzzy is from the text you used try a less fancy one.
              www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Working...
              X