PDA

View Full Version : Questions For Naval

Lorena771
06-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Hi Naval,

KarenMac recommended that I contact you for help with getting what I guess are scripts, which I have no clue how to write post or use.

I recently moved my site to Voda using Soho. I've had these offers posted in a couple hundred places/links on the web & need to have them function in my cart.
These are the 2 different ads/offers:

One is - Free ground shipping on orders over $200. (so all orders up to that would still pay per sku)

The other is 10% discount when a code is entered.

Additionally, how can I setup other shipping options? My supplier has 4 different options & prices. I am not sre if it's worth the trouble since 85% of orders are sent ground.

Please advise me on costs & suggestions.

navaldesign
06-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi Lorena,

i'm afraid that i cannot help you. I have done what you want many times, but not in Soho. I would need to go and examine the structure of Soho, it's code, and see how i could do it. Definetely, a time consuming (and thus, very costy) procedure which will not be necessary if you hire someone that already knows how to do it.

If Karen (who is very familiar with Soho) doesn't know how, then i can only suggest that you post your request at the Soho forum itself.

If you cannot come up with anything, contact me privately through my signature.

Lorena771
06-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the quick response, I think she just is too swamped by us rookies. Is this a Soho project or an oscommerce project? oops showing my ignorance here.

navaldesign
06-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi Lorena,

This is a Soho project. Karen is most helpfull, but sometimes things are out of our capabilities.

Lorena771
06-06-2007, 06:47 AM
No doubt about about her being helpful. Maybe I need to submit a support ticket and see if I need to buy an add on.
Just a thought..........Since I only accept payments through Paypal, Do you think it would work to post on my site that the discount offers will come in the form of a refund after the fact? I think I can do that thru paypal. what do u think?

Karen Mac
06-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Lorena

Quantity discounts add on is here

http://addons.soholaunch.com/plugins/shopping_cart/qty_discount

And 10% discounts and other coupons are here.. in this add on

http://addons.soholaunch.com/plugins/developer/tz_coupon_codes

The first one would allow your free shipping over 200

The second allows you to give either dollars off or a percent off with a specific code.

Karen

Karen Mac
06-06-2007, 08:48 AM
LOL.. and you people have to quit exhonorating my good side! Ill be expecting my halo any day now..

Little do you know the curses i expel some days trying to find my patience.. I think id probably make naval blush and get blond hair.

:)

Karen

Lorena771
06-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Karen that's too funny! I can only imagine the curses directed my way!! I've earned every one of my gray hairs over the bait I swallowed with a certain 6 site package! YIKES!!!