Receiving emails without any submission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving emails without any submission

I have done up my contact form and have configured address as contact@travellingadvice.com However, though there is no submission, I am getting blank emails being sent to this email address with the "from" field as being a blank email from the website.

Please advise what I should do?

My website is at www.travellingadvice.com

and the contact form is at www.travellingadvice.com/contact.php
    http://www.travellingadvice.com
    -Your one stop for all your travelling advices and information needs-

Re: Receiving emails without any submission

Blank e-mails are usually when someone hits submit without having put any data into the form.

How many are you receiving or have received?

The only way to correct this is to put some additional scripting into the original php script.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

over yesterday, I had received about 30 emails, all within short duration from one another. I doubt its due to someone having hit the submit button because not many people know about my site yet.

How do I go about adding additional script into the original php script? I don't have much html knowledge and using heavily on blue voda programme.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

If you don't wont to learn any scripting, you can go on and use BV's own validation for the fields, and make them required. Also, you can, if you want, use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor which will not only perform validation for you, but will also provide security against spammers that would like to use your script to send spam emails to third parties.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have installed the programme. It prevents unauthorise submissions unless the forms are filled and will be prompted to do so.

However, if I was to fill it in correctly, and submit, the form brings me to an error page, even though I do receive a copy of the form correctly. Did I miss a step?

My thank you page is located at http://www.travellingadvice.com/thank_you.php

Comment

You mean you have installed ABVFP ? If yes, and though you receive the mail, it then redirects to a 404 "Page not found" error page, you can only have mistaken (in the ABVFP Control Panel) the URL of the thank you page. Probably you have a .html extension instead of the .php (your thank you page has been published as php) or you mistaken typing the URL in some other way.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have checked and the extension for my thank you page is also a php format. The only thing I can think of is:- must my thank you page be also named as "thankyou_page" as how it is named in the ABVFP file example, or can I name it other ways? Because right now, mine is named "thank_you"

BTW, can this programme be used also for "tell a friend" type of forms or sign up for newsletter? If so, how can I use it?

Comment

Ok, I have managed to figure out the thank you page problem. Realised that I had to change the control panel settings for the targeted URL page. Now its working! Thanks for the help..

Comment

Originally posted by cambrianne
                  I have checked and the extension for my thank you page is also a php format. The only thing I can think of is:- must my thank you page be also named as "thankyou_page" as how it is named in the ABVFP file example, or can I name it other ways? Because right now, mine is named "thank_you"

BTW, can this programme be used also for "tell a friend" type of forms or sign up for newsletter? If so, how can I use it?
                  For the tell a friend, there is a dedicated script in the Tips and Tricks section of the forum. Very easy.

For newsletter: ofcourse. A Newsletter signup form is simply another form. ABVP will deal with it as with any other form. It will also store the info in the database so you can retreive it from there, to use it in a mailing script.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X