Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My safari site, please have a look and give me your suggestions

Hi everybody,
    I made a face lift to my safari site. I know the name is very long, but it is not my company name, is a name I choose because has in it all the keywords I need. Maybe I am wrong to have made a site thinking about the keywords, but competition is very strong in this business.
    Please let me know what do you think about the site.
    Ciao
    Alas
    www.tanzania-zanzibar-dar-es-salaam-hotels.com

EbonyTours & Safaris

Re: My safari site, please have a look and give me your suggestions

Hi, I’m not the greatest lover of black. But on this one I might be converted. The colours go real well together on both the 2 below.

On this page! http://www.tanzania-zanzibar-dar-es-...com/index.html It maybe worth thinking on another font on the white text. On my screen it looks a little fuzzy.

Might have to think on a common theme to link the pages? Its just that when I go from http://www.tanzania-zanzibar-dar-es-...m/culture.html to
    http://www.tanzania-zanzibar-dar-es-.../zanzibar.html i feel that i am leaving one site to another.

Quite a few things over lapping when in fire fox. But all seems to be fine in IE.
    Looks like you have a good eye for colours that match/blend well.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello Alas,
      A few points.
      1). Many people advise keeping the site name as short as possible (I know that mine is too long, but jbd.com and other variants were just not available) and I think in your effort for high search engine rankings you might have gone a teen weeny bit over the top! In the end if you can get other websites linking to yours that is going to help you more than anything in promoting yourself to the top places in the search engine listings. After a while many long winded site addresses get shortened. Have just seen one site called ballantynesofwalkerburn.co.uk announcing that within the next few months they are switching to bofw.co.uk and expressing the hope that more people will find it easier to remember. Is your address easy to remember? tanzanhotels.com or similar may work better for you.

2). Have you checked your site in firefox? There are some text overlaps.

3). I presume the grey text at the bottom of the home page are links? If so they do not work. Also the text overlaps and is not aligned as I think you want it to be.

3) Your picture links with the defining text on them. The images are the link but the text gives dead spots. I found myself instinctively going to the text to make the link. If you have imaging software you can incorporate the text in the image before you save for web. I think you should address it because whilst not a matter of life and death it is just a bit odd at the moment.

As always this opinion is given in a spirit of constructive suggestion. And I may be talking rubbish, of course.

Regards,
      James.
      http://www.jamesbartondesign.com

Comment

Hi Chris & James,
        Thank you for the constructive critics.
        I have no idea how to check the text in firefox, I guess I have to find somebody with a pc having firefox.
        On the index page I have used one of the font that comes with bluevoda, I will change them with something else.
        Chris you are right about that Zanzibar page, it was an idea of having it different, because the safari holidays and the beach holidays are two different things, but I will try to see what can I do to match the pages.
        James, the grey text at the bottom are not links, I just started using <H1,H2> tags, and I thought that was one way of putting them????
        About the name, it is suppose to be a kind of web site where people are looking at it when they look for a holiday in Tanzania.
        Kind of Tanzaniahote...., or Tanzaniaholida.... etc.
        I will put a link also on the text.
        James, I believe that your opinion are always very constructive and you have given a good imput to me.
        Thank you again
        Alas

Comment

Hi Alas,

Yes the white font is hard to read but I love your site, would you like to link up?

www.thebarefoottraveler.com

Good Job!
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Hi Chris, made some changes, how do you see it now?
            Alas

Comment

Hello Alas,
              Firefox is a browser that many of us in preference to IE. Just google Mozilla Firefox and you will be able to find the download page (for free). When you have it downloaded it is easily accessible from bluevoda (file>preview in browser> edit browser list. Then you simply create the link to where it resides on your hard drive). I have firefox, IE, Opera (a really good but undersubscibed browser), and netscape all loaded so that I can check my site in all of them. Occassionally throws up some interesting anomalies in one's site. So there you are, you can do all the checking yourself; no need to find someone else running firefox.
              Regards,
              James.

Comment

Hi, strange! I am getting 404 & 403’s on all your pages. But ditto with above. You can download FF here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ & just change your settings at the (Set program access & defaults) from your start button.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris & James,
                  Thank you for your tip.
                  How do you see it now?
                  Alas

Comment

I forgot, I mean the overlapping, still there?
                    Alas

Comment

Hi Alas,
                      Overlaps no more.
                      Regards,
                      James.

Comment

Working...
                      X