Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

( Mutipul Forms Questions - Can someone Help? )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ( Mutipul Forms Questions - Can someone Help? )

Dear fellow web builders

I have a dilemma. I have build a website with four customer info forms and I got the first one to work (Contact us) but the other three I can't seem to make them work, What could I do be doing wrong?

Please advice. I did the same for the contact us form and that one works great but It just don't make the others work even after i've done the same with the first one.

Please help, Thank you so much.
    Frank
    Frank
    Home Shoppers Club
    Mobi Designz
    Mobile VIP Services

Re: ( Mutipul Forms Questions - Can someone Help? )

Please provide details. What do you mean they don't work ? They don't submit ? the action page can't be found ? the mail is not sent ? And, if possble, provide the form pages URLs.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Yes, I don't receive the email that a customer signed up. I do however get the contact us one - And I did the same for all of them. I just dont' get the other three. Sorry here are the urls: http://www.prpsite.com

Question: Do I have to use Action.php for all forms??? Won't they Interfere with on another???

Thank you!
      Frank
      Home Shoppers Club
      Mobi Designz
      Mobile VIP Services

Comment

Please provide the links the the forms so we can see if there are mistakes.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry here are the urls: http://www.prpsite.com

Question: Do I have to use Action.php for all forms??? Won't they Interfere with on another???

Thank you!
          Frank
          Home Shoppers Club
          Mobi Designz
          Mobile VIP Services

Comment

Probably the emails do not reach you (depending on your script) because the email field is named "Your Email Address" instead of simply "email". If the script that you are using needs the eail address to be "email" then the email is being sent without a sender's address. In that case it will get blocked (by most ISPs). lPlease post the php scrpt that you are using so we can come to some conclusion.

The Action can be the same for all forms if you have used the generic script. However, typically you will want a different "action" page for each form, in order to be able to customize the thank you message as well as the mail subject. Unless you use ABVFP which keeps the details of each form separate, even though the processing script is unique.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Here the source code that I use on the confirmation page - Also, Where do you find this?, "Your Email Address" instead of simply eamil"

===============================================

<?PHP
              $mailto = "ftjr@prpsite.com";
              $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
              if ($email == "") {
              $email = $mailto;
              }
              $mailsubj = "For Sale by Owner Form";
              $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
              $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form: FSBO Form\n";
              while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
              {
              if ($key!="submit")
              {
              $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
              }
              }
              mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);

=============================================
              Frank
              Home Shoppers Club
              Mobi Designz
              Mobile VIP Services

Comment

In your http://www.prpsite.com/fsbo.html form. This is how the mail field is named. It should be "email".

However, you are using the lates script, that changes the sender's address to be your own email, so this is not the actual problem. Did you actually paste the php script in the fsobform.php page ?

Also, you are missing the last line of the script:

?>

Add it, as you are getting an error message.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hey thank you!

I added that little code at the end and that fixed it. BUT I also used the action.php - Will my last two pages work if I use the same action.php on their forms as instructed, I know I believe you mentioned it already, Just one more time please.

Could I name them for their page? Like, Agents.php on both of them, What do you think?

Thank you Sir, Greatly appreciate it and you always help me when I come here from time to time.

Frank
                  Frank
                  Home Shoppers Club
                  Mobi Designz
                  Mobile VIP Services

Comment

Yes, they will work. But they will all have the same subject (in the email) and the same thank you page.

You are welcome
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Hey navaldesign

I still need one more thing!

How do I make all the diffrent thank you pages then, so they could all be addressed diffirently?

FOR "in order to be able to customize the thank you message as well as the mail subject. Unless you use ABVFP which keeps the details of each form separate"

And what is ABVFP? To keep the detials seprately

How can I do this???

Thank you again so much ahead of time, Frank
                      Frank
                      Home Shoppers Club
                      Mobi Designz
                      Mobile VIP Services

Comment

Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor is as script that i have created for processing forms. Have a look at the above link. It has lots of features.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X