Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with a Form

Hello,

i was getting blank e-mails from this form, and I thought it was someone just pressing the send button. but after never getting anything for it but blanks I asked Lady eye to test it. and it will not let her fill it out. can someone take a look and tell me what I did wrong please.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com/contactseller.php

Thank you.

Jolen
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Re: Please help with a Form

Couple things-
    1- the text next to the comments box is overlapping it and that is why no one can select it with their mouse to write in it. If you tab to it- you can then fill it out. Solution: make sure text box is drawn back and not overlapping.

2- the name box. The condition set in that box is that if the entry is less than 5 characters- then the error message pops up. So "Bob" would result in an error and would bewilder the person entering the data. I found out by looking at the source code of the page. Solution: make sure that the box length maximum and minimum are realistic.

Other than that- I sent you a test entry. Let me know in this thread if you got it.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

See if you get 4 blank emails right now
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi jolen
        i was able to fill in my name in field 1 and my e-mail address. There seems to be a problem with the "offers" field and the "I would like to know about" field. I would go back to the forms settings and check you have entered all the details correctly for these two fields.
        Good luck and keep at it.
        Tony www.auto-lotto-wins.com

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          See if you get 4 blank emails right now
          I didn't get them at all Naval.

Jolen

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
            Couple things-
            1- the text next to the comments box is overlapping it and that is why no one can select it with their mouse to write in it. If you tab to it- you can then fill it out. Solution: make sure text box is drawn back and not overlapping.

2- the name box. The condition set in that box is that if the entry is less than 5 characters- then the error message pops up. So "Bob" would result in an error and would bewilder the person entering the data. I found out by looking at the source code of the page. Solution: make sure that the box length maximum and minimum are realistic.

Other than that- I sent you a test entry. Let me know in this thread if you got it.

Andy

Ok I moved them all more spaced and re published.

Comment

Did you receive my entry?

If no- Please copy and paste the php code that you are using here in this thread. That way we can have a look at what my be the scripting problem.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I have receaves one e-mail from keath.andersen.

No others.

when I tested it it worked fine.

Comment

Did you receive my entry?

If no- Please copy and paste the php code that you are using here in this thread. That way we can have a look at what my be the scripting problem.

Andy
                  <?PHP
                  $mailto = "orders@windameer.com";
                  $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                  if ($email == "") {
                  $email = $mailto;
                  }
                  $mailsubj = "Intrested in a booth Item";
                  $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                  reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                  $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
                  while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                  {
                  if ($key!="submit")
                  {
                  $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                  }
                  }
                  mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                  ?>

Comment

keith.andersen was my email (sorry didn't clarify that)

So apparently it is working now.

Cheers-

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

keith.andersen was my email (sorry didn't clarify that)

So apparently it is working now.

Cheers-

Andy
                      OK thank you Andy and Naval and everyone that helped.

Jolen

Comment

But you still havent found out why all those blank emails.....
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                          But you still havent found out why all those blank emails.....
                          Your Right I haven't Do you know how to find out? and I don't know why yours neaver come threw also Naval.

Jolen

Comment

Well Gentalmen,

It happen again another blank email just like the other ones.

it is from: orders@windameer.com
                            to: orders@windameer.com
                            Subject: Intrested in a booth item
                            the rest is blank not even the feilds.

dose anyone know what this all meens?

Jolen

Comment

Originally posted by Windameer Farm
                              Your Right I haven't Do you know how to find out? and I don't know why yours neaver come threw also Naval.

Jolen
                              I did not sent any. I was testing an idea, and that is why i asked you. I beleive that you have, accidentaly, pasted the action script, either in the form page, or in some other page of yours. By doing so, each time you or someone else visits that page, such an email is sent to you. I refreshed the form page four times, so if the script was pasted there, you should have received 4 blank emails. Obviously it is not. But could be in some other page of yours.

Since i can't see the php part of your pages, i cannot check it. But you can. Open your pages in BV and check if there is some email related php code pasted in some of your pages by mistake.

Please note that normally you will receive these blank emails even if you simply check your thank you page by opening it in your browser. It is not necessary that a form submission has actually taken place.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X