PHP emailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP emailing

I have a script which sends an email to a client with a link in it once paypal has verified payment. This is all using the IPN function. When a purchase is made I recieve an email from nobody@voda.etc.com letting me know that the purchase has been made and a copy of the email sent to the purchaser. However the email is never sent to the purchaser giving them a link. I have purchased this script from a company that specilizes in this and they did the install. They said they have hundreds of these opporating with no problems and they cant figure out why mine isnt working. They mentioned that the server I am working on could have some security setting that are keeping it from sending out an email. I have installed the PHPmaillist offered by VodaHost in the fantastico area and it will not send out a verification email to the user either. Could be a different issue all together and I am not concerned with that immediatly but thought it was worth while info because it has the same problem and it could be related. any help appreciated.

See my thread about this issue

See my thread here this will shed some light on the issue

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=2290

Comment

PHP send mail is not activated on new accounts. You can not send mail as "nobody" Please make sure
      all your scripts run with smtp authorization and they will work fine.
      Last edited by Brad; 11-07-2005, 01:42 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
        PHP send mail is not activated on new accounts. You can not send mail as "nobody" Please make sure
        all your scripts run with smtp authorization and they will work fine.
        I guess I have 2 questions at this point, how do I give my scripts authorization to run with SMTP and how long tell the PHP mail function is activiated.

Comment

on all scripts there should be a smtp function as a option...Your particular server
          is new and all the accounts on it are less than 4 weeks old, The reason we have
          blocked the ability to send mail via php is because of spam, we want to get to know
          our webmasters a bit better before open this option.

Does your script does not allow smpt?
          Whats is your account username?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
            on all scripts there should be a smtp function as a option...Your particular server
            blocked the ability to send mail via php is because of spam, we want to get to know

My username is forexma

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost

I checked the script and it doesnt seem to have an option for changing to the smtp mailing option. I have a few of these scripts I will be putting into use. They are all made by the same company and it would probably cost me more time and money to have new scripts made than it would to just change hosting companies. I have no desire to start this process all over again, what can be done to get this resloved. I need to get launched but cannot do so until I am up and running and am able to send a downlaod link to my customers automatically. How long must I wait until I can use these scripts.

Comment

I have installed php mailing, and my website is one week old... If I didnīt misunderstand that, I can not have subscribers via phpmailing, and so I can not send mails to them, right...? (I tried to send a mail to one of my other e-mail accounts, but it doesnīt work... can not create a connection with my mail (pop3)... that is why I am asking that...) Thanks a lot...
                Last edited by civcivcikcikder; 11-08-2005, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by civcivcikcikder
                  I have installed php mailing, and my website is one week old... If I didnīt misunderstand that, I can not have subscribers via phpmailing, and so I can not send mails to them, right...? (I tried to send a mail to one of my other e-mail accounts, but it doesnīt work... can not create a connection with my mail (pop3)... that is why I am asking that...) Thanks a lot...

If your account is new you will have to change the outgoing mail to smtp in the PHPmaillist. I tried doing this breifly but got involved with another project and never finished. but it can be done.

Comment

Im assuming the your script is using the mail() function in php. If not then ignore this post

With mail() there is 5 parts, the first 4 what you need to worry about

1) Is to whom you are sending the email
                    2) Is the subject
                    3) Is the message
                    4) Is from

The fourth is where you are getting problems. If you simply enter an emaila address you are going to get nobody@"voda dns name" (I forget what it is)

you need to format it like this From: email

that will make the from your email

So here is an example

mail("person@to.com", "Test Email", "Just checking if this works", "From: Bob <bob@yoursite.com>");

That will send an email to person@to.com, the subject would be "Test Email", the message would be "Just checking...", and it would be from someone named "Bob" whos email is bob@yoursite.com

Hope this helps.... if it doesn't sorry I couldn't be or more help

Register/Login Script
                    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

You must make sure all your mailing scripts run with smtp authentication.
                      Any script worth a dime will have smtp authentication built into it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                      X