Last Save / Publish Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Save / Publish Location

I beleive that a most usefull feature would be that of BV saving, by default, a new page to (and also open from) the last used folder.

So, if i have organized my BV pages in folders, inside my BV folder, and i try to open a page, BV by default will look in the last used folder. The same for Save.

This is a standard feature of most Windows applications (Notepad, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Autocad, Corel, even Notepad, etc) at least within the same session.

Going further on, a similar feature for publishing the pages would be also very usefull. So, if i have once published a page in "public_html/foldername", it would by default publish in the same folder the next time i edit the page and want to publish it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Re: Last Save / Publish Location

Going further on, a similar feature for publishing the pages would be also very useful. So, if i have once published a page in "public_html/foldername", it would by default publish in the same folder the next time i edit the page and want to publish it.

Hi! Not sure if Naval meant this as well. But for many BV users with multiple sites this would also be handy to recognize which IP/user name/ & possibly the password it was published to. (With still keeping the facilities to change it if needed)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sure would be handy Chris. Look at Upload Destination Folder Browser and Memory . But seems rather difficult to accomplish.
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ah George! Showing your VH age. No wonder I hadn’t seen it (12-06-2005, 06:17 AM) lol.
        Even meeting half way would help. IE: Make the fields a drop down style that can be made to memorize (if wanted) . Would also be nice if the next field’s auto populated from the previous drop down selection.
        Sort of an idea at this link. Excuse the mess was actually working on something else. But you will get the drift.

Oh! These dont auto populate. (havnt learnt that one yet)lol
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris, great work you have done there.

I would actually prefer a dependent dropdown solution like in http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/dependent_drop_downs.php

However, i do understand that all the above is rather difficult, so i would be happy with the solution of the last saved / published location memorizing
          Navaldesign

Comment

Yep, that would solve it. Then all you have to do is drill down the fields to where you want to publish to.

Hope the powers above are listening/reading. lol
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I agree with naval. I publish my galleries into a different folder, simply for organizational purposes. But then when I publish a different page and forget to change the publish to folder, that page goes into my gallery folder. If BV would remember where each of my pages is published, and auto fill this selection, this would make it very easy on me.

Comment

What a great idea, a HUGE timesaver and potential error-avoider..
                C'mon, Voda - Let's have this one fast! LOL
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com
                www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Working...
                X