Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private

Hi Guys
    I'm really new to building a website. Have done amazingly well with help from tutorials. I'm still in the process of developing the site and it is already published (without me knowingly doing it) What can I do to undo and then to publish again later.
    Regards
    Lukas

Re: Private

just replace the index page with a under construction page.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Republishing overwrites the file to completely remove it you need to either use the file manager in cPanel, or a FTP, this will make a connection so that you have access to teh files on the server like you do on your own computer, you can edit, delete and rename the files. You would just need to delete it

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Watdaflip

Soho wont let you delete the index.php file, and if you did, it would fail to operate correctly. Might even crash it.

Herr General was correct, just put an underconstruction sign, or work in progress, or take the time to develop a well thought out welcome message using your keywords etc and start letting the SE in even if its NOT ready for customers. Go back and tweak it up as you go.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Also if you want to disable the menu (clients clicking on links) then just go into your edit pages button in soho and take all the pages "OFF MENU". This way browsers will not see the links from your "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" page.

Typically since the website is live, if I'm working on a page, I'll do a sub-header that reads "under construction right now". This informs potential browsers that you are online and making edits to the page.

Simple enough task to delete the sub-header when you're finished.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X