Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact/Action Form email problem...

Hi all,
    I searched this forum and not sure I saw this exact problem so.....
    I've been having a problem getting email form my contact/action form pages. I wanted it to send the messages directly to my COMCAST email account.
    Now Comcast is a pretty big provider, so I'm sure someone along the way has had the problem of comcast not allowing the emails through?

"comcast.net requires a valid sender domain"????????

I found these messages in my horde mailbox...."returned attempts" to deliver the email to comcast.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

tempdent@comcast.net
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<tempdent@comcast.net>:
    host gateway-a.comcast.net [206.18.177.26]: 550 [PERMFAIL] comcast.net requires valid sender domain

So any thoughts on a solution would be appreciated.
    I've shut off my spam filter on my Comcast email account......
    any other solution I can do on my end to allow these through?

BV Customer service has told me to set up a BV email account?
    not sure where/how.....and if I do...can these be forwarded to my comcast.net email account? It's a business website...and I really don't want to check multiple email boxes several times a day.

Sorry if this was long winded....but I'm a beginner and wanted to provide as much info as possible.

tempdent.net
    CLIENT ID #15345
    Ticket ID: OXZ-611684

Re: Contact/Action Form email problem...

No need to setup a BV account, though it would be useful.

The problem seems to be that the email field in the form is named something else than the correct "email". That , if you are using the script presented here in the VH forum.

Make sure to use the script in BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 for your action page and i beleive that you will be ok. Or, use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply....I'm new at this....so let me understand....

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post

The problem seems to be that the email field in the form is named something else than the correct "email". That , if you are using the script presented here in the VH forum.
      By "email field" in the form....you mean the field where the visitor adds his email address? It is named "email".
      Or did you mean the "message portion"?...my entire "contact" page???

I am using the BV format from the tutoral (advanced version with messages).
      And please believe me....I've watch the videos and followed the written directions below them step by step many times now.....it's driving me nuts....LOL.

It seems that the problem is the portion of the error message...comcast.net requires valid sender domain???

Because it seems to be attempting to send the submission...as all my tests end up in my horde mailbox with the failed delivery message from my first post.
      What is a "valid sender domain"?

any other suggestions or is setting up a BV email account my only option?

Comment

Can you post your page url and the php code that you are using?

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

My Form page...(contact page)

And my Thank you page....(action page)

This is the html I inserted in the : "inside body tag" portion of the action page html....

<?PHP
          $mailto = "tempdent@comcast.net";
          $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
          if ($email == "") {
          $email = $mailto;
          }
          $mailsubj = "Message from the Website";
          $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
          reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
          $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
          while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
          {
          if ($key!="submit")
          {
          $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
          }
          }
          mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
          ?>

Comment

Both your form and your script seem correct. I have made a couple of trial submissions. Check your mail to see if you received them or not.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

No not in my tempdent@comcast.net mailbox......

But I got the failed delivery message in my Horde mailbox....
              This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
              recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

tempdent@comcast.net
              SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<tempdent@comcast.net>:
              host gateway-s.comcast.net [63.240.76.26]: 550 [PERMFAIL] comcast.net requires valid sender domain

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <uqqycyaq@voda15.vodahost.com>
              Received: from uqqycyaq by voda15.vodahost.com with local (Exim 4.63)
              (envelope-from <uqqycyaq@voda15.vodahost.com>)
              id 1Hxb5u-0003hD-Oa
              for tempdent@comcast.net; Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:01:30 -0500
              To: tempdent@comcast.net
              Subject: Message from the Website
              Message-Id: <E1Hxb5u-0003hD-Oa@voda15.vodahost.com>
              Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 23:01:30 -0500

Values submitted from web site form :
              Name : Naval testing
              email : info@????design.it
              phone : 123456789
              Submit : Submit Now
              Checkbox1 :
              Checkbox2 :
              Checkbox3 :
              TextArea : Additional info here: tsting your form

Comment

It is probably because comcast has some anti spam system setup. It is checking the host for the email address, and checks where the email is coming from and they don't match up, so it is blocking the email

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

As Watdafip is saying, it is most probable that it is a spam filer issue. Transform the script to be:
                  <?PHP
                  $mailto = "tempdent@comcast.net";
                  $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
                  $mailsubj = "Message from the Website";
                  $mailhead = "From: Our Web form < uqqycyaq@voda15.vodahost.com >" . "\r\n";
                  reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                  $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
                  while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                  {
                  if ($key!="submit")
                  {
                  $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                  }
                  }
                  mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                  ?>

and test it
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Ahhhh......no go with the new script.

Talked with Comcast.....their customer service was useless....LOL
                    Comcast is pretty big in the North East U.S., I'd of thought this problem would of come up before? Guess not.

So do we conclude that the best I could do is create a BV email account?
                    Hopefully it has auto-forward.

Or do you guys have any other tricks I might try.

And let me add what others have said......you guys are great.
                    Thank you so much for all your time and help.
                    It is MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Why not? Create a BV mail account and then forward it to your comcast account. Works for me.

Or............create a free Yahoo or Gmail account and see if that works. If it does- then you would know it is a comcast issue for sure.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I'll look into that.....
                        Hope this isn' a silly question but.....
                        Is a BV email account different from the Horde email account?

Comment

Horde is installed and is one of the E-mail programs avaliable to you. Mine is Horde and / or Squirrel Mail.

Andy
                          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

OK,
                            Got it working with my new Yahoo mailbox.
                            They want $19.99/yr to use ATUOMATIC forwarding it to my comcast mailbox.
                            I'll hold off on that.
                            But at least I'll be able to receive contact info from clients....
                            till I can figure this out.....
                            or at least find a free mailbox with free AUTOMATIC forwarding.
                            Not quite sure how to use the Horde system mailbox yet. it does appear to have automatic forwarding from what I can see.

Comment

In your BV control Panel, you can forward the emails to your Comcast address.

However, i really do not understand all this. Why don't you simply setup an email address in your BV account, and have the form mail there ? Then, you simply setup your Outlook Express to receive the emails directly in your computer, and you are done. You don't even need to enter Horde or wahtever else.

I have some 20 email adresses (between professional and private ones). I would go grazy if i had to open 20 different web mail services. I have set my Outlook, and i receive everything on my desktop.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X