Can I use an IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use an IP

Hello again, I was looking at host a while back and posted some questions about running a java game (which ive decided to make a php instead).

1) I know you said that you would rather not have a java game run on your server because of its system usage, but would a php game be aliright. It would be just like running a forum, I just don't know how many users it will have. I assume I will get a few thousand users eventually. I doubt it will get over 300 gigs monthly bandwidth. I just wanted to check without before I went ahead with it.

2) Secondly, if I do go with vodahost for this website, I don't know what domain name I want yet. Do you require that I use a domain name, or can I use an IP until I decide on the domain name I want, and then either register a domain with you, or a different registrar?

3) Is there a fee for using domains hosted by a different company?

Thanks ahead of time

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

1) What kind of PHP game are you talking about?
    2) You need a domain name.
    3) No, you can get a domain from anywhere.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am making a text based php game. It is all going to be stored in a mysql database.

To my understanding, all addon domain are pointed to a sub directory. Which means that I have 1 domain on the main root. Can I change the domain on the main root at a later date?

Originally posted by Watdaflip
      3) Is there a fee for using domains hosted by a different company?
      Originally posted by Brad
      3) No, you can get a domain from anywhere.
      But do you charge any fee for using a domain from somewhere else?

I also had another question. I read in another topic that your php version is 4.3.10 (Which im not sure if you have updated it yet), the current version on my current host is 5.0.4, I make a script for someone who runs 4.3.10 on thier server also, and it wouldn't work. I'm not sure if this was a fluke problem with the script, or can I expect more of these errors by incompatibility issues?

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

1) There is no charge for using a outside domain
        2) What kind of problem are you having with the script?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

This is the error give when accessing the admin page, not sure what causes it I assume its php version, thats only difference I noticed between the servers
          Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, blackhole@**.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Register/Login Script

Comment

lets see the link

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X