Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Sale questionS - the sailor

Hi there

First of all, it is nice to have an open support , so than in can I have problem, it is not necessary to wait, just search for your answer first.

Any way,

I am a webmaster/ forum administrator (just like this, i.e. vodatalk) for about 4 years. Lately I have changed the hosting twice since the forum is growing up and needs more powerful services.

I had these problem and I need to have answer before getting the hosting with you.
    1- what is the average response time of your support tickets?
    2- Can I have an IP address for my hosting?
    3- I read the VodaHost's Terms of Service (TOS) -> 3) Spam / Email Policy
    3.a I usually send periodically announcements – at once, all in 15 minutes - to all the forum members weekly ( i.e. to about 2000 email address). Will that be considered TOS violation?

3.b each day, automatically about 100 email will be sent in random time depending on posting any new reply or new thread. Will the autos ending of these daily emails considered TOS violation

4- my forum database (MySQL) is about 350MB. Backing it up will cause excessive server load using phpMyAdmin. Will that be considered TOS violation?( i mean excessive load becuase of backing up the database or files) ?

5- How much is the space of any MySQL database, or will it be considered as part of the hosting space?

Best regards,

The sailor

1) a few minutes to a couple hours
    2) Dedicated IP address are an extra $3 per month. everybody gets a shared IP
    3) email is capped at 200 per hour
    4) probably
    5) Its considered part of the hosting

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks Brad ;)

Comment

Hi Again

1-
        i can solve the problem of Q4 by backing up the database in phases in small amount of MB's ( less than 10MB each 4 hours), so no load will occur at all. i am doing this now on my current hosting and in the same time i am monitoring the server load from the cPanel. so no problem, right ?!

2-
        on your TOS
        http://www.vodahost.com/tos.htm
        3) Spam / Email Policy

Bulk Email / Mass Email scripts of any type are not permitted on any VodaHost server. The send mail rate on all VodaHost servers is capped at 200 emails per hour per account, any more than this will be bounced back to the sender. If you require more than this, please open a support ticket stating the reason why the 200 limit should be raised on your account and the EXACT source of your mailing list.
        do you think what i stated on Q3.a above is a valid reason?

3.a I usually send periodically announcements – at once, all in 15 minutes - to all the forum members weekly ( i.e. to about 2,000 email address).
        regards,

The sailor
        Last edited by Brad; 11-11-2005, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Ship Ahoy!

Hi Sailor!

Please open a pre-sales support ticket with your exact requirements and
          what you are planning to do. If your site is active, please be kind enough
          to provide a link.

We will do our best to accomodate your requirements (if possible)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X