MySql and php using tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySql and php using tables

Would i be able to create tables on Microsoft Access and all the needed fields and links to each table etc and then use the SQL Code that it creates which you can view then import that into my PHP and HTML or is that not physically possible?

Just wondering cos like Access is very good GUI program better than coding..

Re: MySql and php using tables

Oooh, I'd be interested to find out the answer to your question. I will keep popping back ... hope you get an answer soon.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'd be shocked if no one has thought of it... cos it does seem logically possible but i dont wana work all day on it and find out you can't so im hoping some one else has figured it out :P

If you can it be a dream come true and a time saving moment !

Comment

Originally posted by SirChick View Post
        I'd be shocked if no one has thought of it... cos it does seem logically possible but i dont wana work all day on it and find out you can't so im hoping some one else has figured it out :P

If you can it be a dream come true and a time saving moment !
        I'd be delighted! I know how to use MSAccess. Lol The other stuff leaves me feeling clueless. Fingers crossed but you may have to be the one to test it. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I would assume that you can as i do it via Excel all the time. As long as the mysql viewed the format as acceptable you should be able to import it. Not sure if you would have to set up the headers to import to or not first tho. Id have to login and look to see if you could create a database and then import the headers totally.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Does that mean your going to check or are you suggesting that is what i should do. Wasnt sure then :P

I dont own my own server yet mind. So for me testing would be a bit pointless cos i could not get an answer.

Comment

Well... im not off to look this moment! I was suggesting thats what you could do. Perhaps if you were voda host customer, I might make the xtra journey, but I dont have a reason to log in and look at mysql and find out. For now I would assume that you can at least import it to a table that you create and use the import to populate the table.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, I want to make my table so that if I add a value into one column it will add the same value to another table.

Ex. Table customers
                memberid

Table customers2
                memberid

If I add a value into memberid in the customers table it will also be added to customers2 memberid.

How can I accomplish this?

Comment

Karen Mac - I would be a vodahost customer if i knew it was possible.. no point in buy a host if i dont know weather i can achieve it yet.

And horus make your own thread youll get more responses aimed at you that way.

Comment

Yes it is possible. However it takes lot of php knowledge to do this. At current the only one I know that have that kind of knowledge is Naval, Watdaflip and Davidunalica. Both Naval and Watdaflip will take on the job for a nominal fee. David- you'd have to ask.

I am currently learning php and have discoverd how to store info in a flat file and then create a php script that will read the info in the flat file and place it in a display table in any manner I wish. When complete- it will cut my website directory from 150 pages to about 5 or so. So I know it is possible.

Perhaps contact either of the members above for more solid input.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

SirChick..

As I said, as long as you export in a compatible mode, it should be possible to populate a mysql database with a feed. If i go from excel you should be able to go from access same way. You may have to import it to excel or make a pivot table and then export it, but it shouldnt be a problem to manipulate it. You will still have to create the database before populating it in mysql then go to php my admin and do the import.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by horus View Post
                        Hi, I want to make my table so that if I add a value into one column it will add the same value to another table.

Ex. Table customers
                        memberid

Table customers2
                        memberid

If I add a value into memberid in the customers table it will also be added to customers2 memberid.

How can I accomplish this?
                        This is not automatically done by MySQL itself. It is your script that needs to update both tables. How do you update the tables ? Meaning what kind of script you use ?
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by SirChick View Post
                          Karen Mac - I would be a vodahost customer if i knew it was possible.. no point in buy a host if i dont know weather i can achieve it yet.

And horus make your own thread youll get more responses aimed at you that way.
                          It is possible: export from Access to Excel. Then export again as CSV, so you can import it into the database.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

navaldesign:

We use MS Office Access Professional 2003.
                            We are able to export directly from Access into csv type text.
                            By right clicking on the Table, Query, or Forms. Note " Item can not be open or in design view"
                            Select Export ::
                            When New Window Opens "Export Form 'Name of Datbase Opened By Access' "
                            From the dropdown Save as type. Here we select as ' Text Files (*.txt;*.csv;*.tab;*.asc) '
                            If Encode Window Pops Up "Encode As Unicode (UTF-8 then select OK.
                            The Next Window Should Be Export Text Wizard;
                            Select Delimited. Then Next. Here we prefer to use Semicolon, and Text Qualifier; We use the Broken Bar {Alt+0166}
                            We use broken bar because some items in text fields contain qoutes.
                            These seem to import fine into MySql Tables. We have used Include Field Names on First Row; but don't always get the results we
                            wanted.
                            It's Best to create database and tables first, then import.

Hope this was helpful.
                            Bob the Builder
                            www.bobs-pcmall.com
                            Without Data, you're just another opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bobs-pcmall View Post
                              navaldesign:

We use MS Office Access Professional 2003.
                              We are able to export directly from Access into csv type text.
                              By right clicking on the Table, Query, or Forms. Note " Item can not be open or in design view"
                              Select Export ::
                              When New Window Opens "Export Form 'Name of Datbase Opened By Access' "
                              From the dropdown Save as type. Here we select as ' Text Files (*.txt;*.csv;*.tab;*.asc) '
                              If Encode Window Pops Up "Encode As Unicode (UTF-8 then select OK.
                              The Next Window Should Be Export Text Wizard;
                              Select Delimited. Then Next. Here we prefer to use Semicolon, and Text Qualifier; We use the Broken Bar {Alt+0166}
                              We use broken bar because some items in text fields contain qoutes.
                              These seem to import fine into MySql Tables. We have used Include Field Names on First Row; but don't always get the results we
                              wanted.
                              It's Best to create database and tables first, then import.

Hope this was helpful.
                              So create the database and tables in access first or create them on the server first?

Comment

Working...
                              X