Picnic Basket Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picnic Basket Review

I have been working on this new store whenever I can and want some feedback on it.

I know there are some 404' s there (water totes and some outdoor products) but can you all have a look at the rest and let er rip!!!!

Thanks!
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: Picnic Basket Review

Double check how you saved http://www.wehavepicnicbakets/ the page is not live yet. If under your coffee account, make sur ethat you are using the correct extension under the Folder In Publish. Example public_html/yourpage
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006 View Post
      Double check how you saved http://www.wehavepicnicbakets/
      By the looks of things the link should be www.wehavepicnicbaskets.com

Cheers,
      Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
      Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
      Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
      BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

coffeegourmet,

I found the site slow to load.
        Reduce the actual size of your pictures to increase load speed (they are more than twice the actual usage size)
        Your Original (86.9kb):

Your Original (reduced to required size) (37kb)

Cheers,
        Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Play it by Beers reduced image, reduced again to 6 kbs ...

Click attachment, right click and save ...

Compliments of

Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I find that the site loads fast on my computer, and no one that has looked at it has said anything about my site loading slow. I don't know if I really want the pictures to me much smaller because picnic baskets are something that are definitely visual as opposed to coffee/tea that I sell.

I guess I could use the lightbox to expand the pictures as well.

What else besides the pictures can I do?
            My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

coffeegourmet,

I'm definately a 'visual freek' and your pictures are import to your site... What I meant was reduce (kb) size of pics not their dimension size.
              • Your page size is large (width) and is borderline 'right scroll'.
              • The text in the left nav bar's alignment is tight to the left of the bar.
              • Spelling mistake on one of your keywords: taligating supplies.
              You've got some great 'toy's for boy's' and as someone who Braai's/ BBQ's a couple of times a week, I could have loads of fun with your products.

Cheers,
              Andrew

sigpic

Comment

You still haven't fixed the link in your signature so it will work - big nono!

Also - I don't understand your alt tags on the home page - is that the picture size after it's name? Of what value is that to the person visiting the site? And unless you want THAT picture to click to a larger view, you definitely should NOT be using those big huge images there - you SHOULD be following the advice above and making those images as small as possible to help load time. I do not believe your home page is where people are clicking to see a larger image - I expected to click and be taken to the product page or product list page. You're missing the boat here by not making them do that.

Yes, the page did load slow - and I'm on high speed.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Okay the jury has spoken.... the pictures on the home page will be switched up to just images tonight..

Beers:

Yeah the bbq's look good! Already getting hits on them from Google. I am waiting for your order! *LOL*

Beth,

The link is changed in my signature, I never noticed it before that post was made!

Thanks for the suggestions, I will let you know when they are fixed up!

Comment

coffeegourmet,

You're getting hammered tonight LOL
                    But your signature http://www.wehavepicnicbakets.com is still WRONG and should be http://www.wehavepicnicbaskets.com LOL

Cheers,
                    Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Link in signature is fixed now.... thanks for the info! I might not get to the images tonight but I will tomorrow for sure!

Chris

Comment

Gee... and thanks to the designer of all that basket weave detail for your site. I can tell they were greatly appreciated.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Alright Karen, you point is well taken!!!! It is not that I do not appreciate what you did, it is just that I did not put in my post!

Karen did the template design for the site and all of the buttons and it does look rather picnicy.. :)

Okay I redid the pictures, so you can have a look and tell me if it is better. All are linked to the pages they belong to, and all have alt tags now!

Let me know if it loads better!

Comment

your pics are all over the page now - but not where they belong. You need to find where you made an error to cause this? If they are right on the bv page - look for a closing html tag that isn't closed.
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,

Yeah the pictures are out of alignment. I will look at it tomorrow and try and fix it up a bit, move some of the text and make more room for them.

Also have to fix the spellin mistake! LOL

More tweakin, but it is nice to have more eyes looking because I don't see it when I keep reviewing it!

Comment

Working...
                              X