My first page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first page

Could someone please review my first web page and give me their honest opinions ?

Thanx a bunch,
    Connie
    http://www.chanelimage.com

Re: My first page

Hi,

I have just visited the page. the first thing that I noticed is that the page is aligned to the right and there is a space in the left side of the page, is that correct or only from my browser?

I would suggest:
    • check this section of the forum. you may find ready templates to use,
    • try to install and edit osCommerce shopping cart. you can find it & install it easily from your Cpanel then find an icon named Fantastico. You can install the shopping cart by clicking a button. it will organize your website structure. find more help here.
    • if I were you, I would pay $50-$70 to buy one of the great templates on this page. if you couldn't find the right template, I'm sure they will be happy to help you to get it, just contact them with a link to your web-page.
    • if you intend to sell to international customers, I would suggest adding another payment options beside PayPal.
    wish that help.

Warm Regards,
    Kaled

Comment

Hi Connie,

You need to center your page. Right click on a empty space on the page.
      Then 'page properties' >>>'center in browser'. While you are there:
      Page width: 800, Page height 600.

After doing that when you build a page you should start from the left and don't pass the 800 mark. There's a line to help you. On the top you select 'Layout'>>>Guide Settings>>>>Show Grid. It's ok when you build it downwards and pass the 600 mark; the problem is if you go to much to the right.

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Originally posted by cafraley View Post
        Could someone please review my first web page and give me their honest opinions ?
        Hi Connie
        Make use of the BV 'verify links' tool as some of your links are dead
        • check your key words, better without caps and couple of corrections: Chanel ******* Handbags, *******andbags, Designer Handbags,Wholesale Chanel Handbags, Chanel Purses
        If I was shopping on line for '*******s' or anything else, I would like to know more about who I was dealing with... about us/about our company, contact us, shipping time, product guarantees etc

Cheers,
        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Hi Connie,

Also, your site appears to be a mirror site of: w w w.alleghanymoonvarietystore.com/page4.html which could scare visitors off a purchase.

Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
          Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
          Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
          BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Here I go again with the Jusify thing! lol! See what your text looks like if it is justified and maybe create some paragraph spaces in your last block of text.

Michele

Comment

Site looks great. Only thing i noticed is on the first page that opens none of the links worked. Seemed like they worked on other pages.

Comment

Thanx everyone for the info...I have tried to change them all...the only problem now I am having is linking my pages together...I watched the lil video on it but still cant seem to get it...When I try to link the pages with the nav bars nothing happens when I preview it...any suggestions or am I doing that wrong??????

Comment

Hi there
                  looking at your links it looks like you ahve used upper and lower case both to name your pages. You can/should use lower case ONLY.
                  Try that and see if that works
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

OK here is another question...do I link the pages using the nav bars???? I have been right clicking them and then go to properties and putting like http://www.chanelimage.com/index.html this is named Home on my nav bar is this correct? And one more on my nav bars should i use lower case for those also?

Thanx a bunch,
                    Connie

Comment

Originally posted by PlayItByBeer View Post
                      Hi Connie,

Also, your site appears to be a mirror site of: w w w.alleghanymoonvarietystore.com/page4.html which could scare visitors off a purchase.

Cheers,
                      Hi and thank you....alleghanymoonvarietystore is also mine...but I am building this one as a replacement to that website....

Thanx a bunch,
                      Connie :)

Comment

No, Connie....the first page of your site is always called the index page, not "home" or "main" page. Simply re-save the page as index, and re-publish it.

I am having major problems with your site......I do not know if you are aware of all the potential liabiity you are creating for yourself, even though you call your merchandise "*******."

You have chosen to include the words "serialized hologram" and "certificate of authenticity" in your product descriptions. Beyond being misleading, when you add up the obvious abscence of any required "About Us" and/or Privacy Policy, and lack of any information about foreign manufacture, your site looks very much like a scammer's or in the least run by someone totally naieve --- in either case, it is doomed by design and sure to disappoint you.

Be very careful about how you structure your business online.....it has more legal hoops to jump through than your average brick-and-mortar nowadays! And, since you are even quoting sources for content, you are certainly going to come into their radar and scrutiny, so be prepared!
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                          No, Connie....the first page of your site is always called the index page, not "home" or "main" page. Simply re-save the page as index, and re-publish it.

I am having major problems with your site......I do not know if you are aware of all the potential liabiity you are creating for yourself, even though you call your merchandise "*******."

You have chosen to include the words "serialized hologram" and "certificate of authenticity" in your product descriptions. Beyond being misleading, when you add up the obvious abscence of any required "About Us" and/or Privacy Policy, and lack of any information about foreign manufacture, your site looks very much like a scammer's or in the least run by someone totally naieve --- in either case, it is doomed by design and sure to disappoint you.

Be very careful about how you structure your business online.....it has more legal hoops to jump through than your average brick-and-mortar nowadays! And, since you are even quoting sources for content, you are certainly going to come into their radar and scrutiny, so be prepared!
                          Vasili,
                          Thank you for your honest opinion...but we are not all experts in this field alot of us are new and just learning...we will make many mistakes by trial and error...I believe that most of your points are correct...but we all have to start somewhere and at one time we are all newbies even yourself...What kind of website do you expect from someone who has just started ? It is not on the verge of destruction...I have sold many handbags on alleghanymoonvarietystore with all my customers understanding that they are *******s, come with a ******* hologram card and serical number...I do not try to mislead anyone...before I came here I was on ebay for 6 years...please check out my feedbacks...I am a very honest person and give the customer more then they pay for...again thank you for you comment I appericate it.
                          Connie (newbie)

Comment

Connie,

I was not meaning to come down on you in the slightest, but you must understand that publishing a website on the internet is so much more than required of as either an individual or a "store" by eBay! Even a home-based business needs to jump pretty high when they publish a website also.....not as simple as putting a flyer up on the grocery bulletin board like it was way-back-when....

You must be in compliance with many complicated legal concepts since 9/11, and on top of that you have the additional burden of declarations and disclaimers that need to be properly composed and prominently placed on your website to demonstrate your due diligence and measurable efforts to comply with the various applicable laws that might pertain to your unique market and business classification.

It has nothing to do with your past reputation or your genuine sincerity --- it is the law. And, as such, I was only trying to give you a "heads up" to steer you in the right direction to save you from avoidable anguish later on.

Since your site is "in business", "collects money", "sells", and "collects email addresses and/or personal information":
                            1. You need to have a compliant Privacy Policy placed available to visitors from each page of your website.
                            2. You need to have a Transactional Security disclaimer, and if you use PayPal as the preferred processor for those secure transactions, you must state that in your published Policy.
                            3. Since you fall under a certain category of merchandise, you need to compose and prominently publish a Manufacturer's Origin and Disclaimer of Brand, which carefully details your non-infringement upon another registered Brand or Trademark, and that the merchandise depicted and offered for sale is not authorized by said brands; any and all warranty is either not present, or the responsibility of (you, or the manufacturer).
                            4. You must have the legal name and physical street address (no PO Box, per the Patriot Act) of the Business in an accessible area of your website, complete with a telephone number should contact be necessary beyond technological means (email).
                            5. You need to have a means for customers to email the website/the business/you according to the medium upon which they have been contacted (online, as via your website -- the email address supplied must be valid).

These are the basics for all businesses nowadays....the CANN and Patriot Acts all requre it. And, it pays to be aware of the US Patent and Trademark Office Guidelines also.
                            Who needs a super-sized headache that could be avoided, right??
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X