Have some ftp questions and more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have some ftp questions and more.

I have used aceftp for my former website and wanted to use it for the new one http://www.otonl.com. The thing is that I don't like using the file manager but when I upload the bvp. files nothing seems to happen when I look at my site. I only see the parent directory and the files below.

Blue ftp doesn't seem to work because I get an error everytime I start it up from Blue Voda web builder. Could it be that problems will be solved when I reinstall Blue Voda?

When publishing do you always need to go with the publishing button in Blue Voda?

Re: Have some ftp questions and more.

Hi, you have to use the publish button with BV to get the BV pages to the server, & BV will only work on Vodahost servers.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, you have to use the publish button with BV to get the BV pages to the server, & BV will only work on Vodahost servers.
      So if I use aceftp to transfer bvp files they should appear on my webspace right! I have a hosting package with BV.

Comment

No, by transferring the .bvp files using any FTP software, you will NOT get any results. You will simply have the BV native format files on the server. From inside BV, use the button "Publish" to publish your pages. BV will transform it's native format in html code and will also automatically upload the necessary images.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by sebster View Post
          Blue ftp doesn't seem to work because I get an error everytime I start it up from Blue Voda web builder. Could it be that problems will be solved when I reinstall Blue Voda?...
          --what kind of error? Is it something like..."BlueFTP.exe has encountered an unexpected error and will be shut down..." or somekind of Exception Error report?

The same thing has been happening to me, even after updating and re-installing the latest version of BlueVoda. I'm still waiting on a follow-up on a support ticket I submitted about this problem.
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

..."BlueFTP.exe has encountered an unexpected error and will be shut down..."

This is exactly the error I am getting (Windows xp sp2) error.

Did anyone ever get a resolve for this?

:) jenn

Comment

Working...
            X