Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How add RSS Feeds

Hi everyone,
    I'm building my first web page with BlueVoda and i have a question, How can I post news from any webpage onto my web page and update them automalically, is that posible? Advise please
    L e o n a r d o

Re: How add RSS Feeds

Please refer to this earlier post: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...ighlight=feeds

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Keep in mind that even with the recently increased Band allotted per account, Terms of Service still apply.....

9) Resource Usage
      Users may not initiate the following:
      a) Use 5% or more of system resources (This included CPU and memory) There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc. If this clause is breached it will trigger an auto-kill failsafe mechanism on the server which will auto suspend the violating account.

(and I do not know for sure if feeddigest qualifies as a "proxy script" or not: proxy scripts are expressly forbidden)
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        Keep in mind that even with the recently increased Band allotted per account, Terms of Service still apply.....

9) Resource Usage
        Users may not initiate the following:
        a) Use 5% or more of system resources (This included CPU and memory) There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc. If this clause is breached it will trigger an auto-kill failsafe mechanism on the server which will auto suspend the violating account.

(and I do not know for sure if feeddigest qualifies as a "proxy script" or not: proxy scripts are expressly forbidden)
        Ever so slight overkill, EV. We have had RSS on Days of Blunder for years and have never had any problems. EVER.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

A good thing!
          So is being aware of different sides of the coin, right? Just in case the learning curve needs to be wider for some??
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
            A good thing!
            So is being aware of different sides of the coin, right? Just in case the learning curve needs to be wider for some??
            You're right, but it can be a little overpowering and even scary to a newbie, my friend. LOL Be gentle. Lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you so much and I'm sorry, I didn't notice there are a couple of thread about the same question that I had, I did a little search and now I'm able to post news from diffrents web page, thanks again...

Leonardo
              L e o n a r d o

Comment

Hi I've followed the threads advised here and they're great for java rss but it's php rss that I'm after. I've read the thread that dealt with this issue, but as it was about to be sorted the thread disappears as the person helping dealt with it direct.

Well I have the exact same problem. The Apache server has new handlers for htm and html server-parsed, I have a rssfeeds.php file with the appropriate php script and have pasted
                <!--#include virtual="/rssfeeds.php" -->
                into a blank pages html.

But to no avail.

Anyone got any thoughts as its turning my hair grey!

John Snodgrass
                www.npda.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X