help with form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with form

i'm trying to test my form page to see if it links to the action page in the preview option before publishing, because i don't have a domain name yet. so i'm trying to build my website first. however, when i press the submit button in the form page i got a message saying that internet explorer cant find the file at: /C:/DOCUME~1/ELISA~1/Temp/preview/action.php.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Re: help with form

You can NOT test in preview mode. The scripts are php so they only work on the server (unless you have php installed on your computer, which i doubt).
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: help with form

Originally posted by sansan View Post
      i'm trying to test my form page to see if it links to the action page in the preview option before publishing, because i don't have a domain name yet. so i'm trying to build my website first. however, when i press the submit button in the form page i got a message saying that internet explorer cant find the file at: /C:/DOCUME~1/ELISA~1/Temp/preview/action.php.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.
      I have found that things like this are impossible to test prior to publishing because the form will be calling an URL which, by its very nature, is on the web and not your pc. Hyperlinks will not work in testing either. However don't be disheartened - one should always allow some development and fine tweaking time once published and this won't take long.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X