Will it serve my purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it serve my purpose

Before I invest time and money, I want to be sure this service will support my needs. I'm a scuba diver and I take a lot of underwater photos that I want to be able to post on a web site and make available for my dive companions to peruse and easily download as they choose. There will be several hundred photos, perhaps as many as a thousand. Is this system one with which I and my dive buddies are going to be satisfied?

Re: Will it serve my purpose

Totally- No problems. BV and Voda Host can handle the traffic.

Keep in mind- The size of the photos will determine the ease with which people can view the pictures and download them. Some may be on broadband, some on DSL and still others on simple phone lines. So my suggestion would be to make the viewing of pics in small manageable thumbnails with a link to the larger picture for downloading if desired.

Take the time to research a good photo gallery that will automatically do that type of re-sizing and display.

Cheers-

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Re: Will it serve my purpose

Hi & welcome. May need a little more info. Cant see any problem as the largest image you will have on your site will be about 250kb & quite lightly half this size for normal use ? Times this by 1000 and you have approximately 2.4 gig
      Voda have just upgraded to 600 GB of Disk Space and 6000 GB of Bandwidth so this shouldn’t be a problem.
      Thing you may have to work out is if you are going to offer downloads of the original size images. This could seriously up the KB’s if we are talking 6-8meg an image. There is a handy little tool here for working it out. http://webdeveloper.earthweb.com/rep...econverter.htm

Hope to see your site. Sounds interesting.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X