New Site...time for pocket money???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site...time for pocket money???

I've decided to make some pocket money out of a hobbie I love, Web Design.
    Joined the world of web design 3 months ago and with the help of this forum, have had loads of fun. I have been doing freebie designs for friends so far (6), but this has got out of hand and I'd like to develope a little business out of it, as my 'think tank sessions' and 'designs' take time and this is a thirsty job... LOL

I think finding a name and domain registration took longer than putting a logo and front page template together LOL

ONLY FRONT PAGE UP AND RUNNING as there is a vNB rugby game on today.

Please have a look and let me have your comments, critisisms and feedback on the front page's look and feel, as first impressions count for plenty.

If this works maybe I'll give up selling beer...LOL
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Re: New Site...time for pocket money???

Sorry, I'm a beer brain LOL
    the link is www.froggdesigns.com

Cheers,
    Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Hi, like all that you have done with the images/layout/style. But not to sure on the grey. Trouble is that its one of those colours’s that can show up in so many different ways depending on the monitor you are viewing on. And i maybe seeing it slightly different to you?

Good luck with your new venture.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Maybe you'll get the impression I've updated the site each time you return? LOL
        Thats why these reviews are so important, I think I'm going to play with Nav Menu/ bars to bring an appearance colour change. I'm still happy with the grey look, but I think thats due to the amount of time it took to put together.
        Andrew

sigpic

Comment

love the frogg, love the layout and concept ... don't know about the gray ... good luck with the designing
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

well ,
            considering it took you two hours and 3 tinny's - it's a darn sight better than mine( 3 weeks and too many bottles of red) . I quite like the gray - it makes the link pages examples stand out. Hope this doesn't mean that you will stop giving advice - us newbies need all the help and support we can get.
            matty

Comment

I agree with Chris.....and I too, have learned the hard way that gray is a tricky color to use in a large scheme. Not just the many browsers, but the monitors (especially flat screen) and versions of Windows seem to present too many variations for my taste, and although I am very keen on tech colors and such, keeping the overal continuity of Brand impression is more important to me.

Focusing on the graphic, there are at least 4 different color schemes that would work very well to allieviate the dependence on gray that I can see....

Interesting approach, for the business that is. What utility do you plan on using for your Online Support?
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Beer! Another great design, in my opinion. I like the grey, but it would be interesting to see it in other colors. You have a way with making images Jump off your pages. I wish I knew how you do that, because I really like it. I think you will do well in this business, so if you want to give up selling beer, you just may be able to !! lol
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks for the feedback regarding the downfalls of a grey website, please have a look at the page options below and let me have your preference.

Grey
                  Brown
                  Green
                  Light Blue
                  Khaki
                  Blue

I'm swinging towards the khaki (quite neutral) as I have loads of graphics and graphic design examples which will feature on the other pages and this won't detract...
                  Cheers,
                  Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Yup!! I agree...Khaki... I kind of liked the brown to. Light blue didn't work.
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I personally don't like the gray, to me, it seems too final. Now silver might liven it up some, or even a pale shade of yellow (beer color) but then that depends on what color your menu's are going to be too. The frog is really cute, anyway you can make it look alive? Like it's jumping onto the page? All in all, great job PLAYITBYBEERS, I wish I had your talent in creating webpages, I'm still struggling to get the bugs out of mine. (Maybe I need your frog to sift them out, LOL) Looking forward to seeing it's completion. Have a happy Father's Day!!!
                      Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
                      Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

Thanks Cindy,

Great minds think alike, I must have been look at a couple of colour variations while you were posting LOL
                        I've eyedropped some colour choices from 'my frog', but chosen the mild options on all.
                        Andrew

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pristinelife View Post
                          The frog is really cute, anyway you can make it look alive? Like it's jumping onto the page? All in all, great job PLAYITBYBEERS, I wish I had your talent in creating webpages, I'm still struggling to get the bugs out of mine. (Maybe I need your frog to sift them out, LOL) Looking forward to seeing it's completion. Have a happy Father's Day!!!
                          Thanks pristinelife,
                          On the jumping frog, I'm playing with flash at the moment, but I use such high graphic pages, I worry that the combination will result in my pages opening too slowly.
                          Andrew

sigpic

Comment

How are you? Warming up for the world cup? ( NZ 64 x 13 Canada )

I've opened the 6 pages in 6 different windows to check the colors. Was switching between them and the only ones that were not too bright, or 'hurt' the eyes, if I could put this way, was the Grey and the Khaki. The Grey looks great but not really 'alive'. So...the winer is....Khaki! It looks light, clear and very professional. Just my modest opinion, hey! l0l

Cheers,
                            N Z B R
                            t o u r s
                            New Zealand Tours
                            Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                            Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                            Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                            Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Forgot to ask you if all the tools you use to build your site are from BV. Are they? Because it looks awesome! If they are from BV, WHERE ARE THEY!!!???? lol lol
                              N Z B R
                              t o u r s
                              New Zealand Tours
                              Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
                              Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
                              Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
                              Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Working...
                              X