PDA

View Full Version : Sound for mouse overs

Tygra
06-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I would like to add sound to one of my mouse overs, but when I published the page and went over the mouse over there was no sound. I used ulead video studio 10 and saved it as an audio file, but still there was no sound. What am I doing wrong? does the file have to be saved in a certain format or something? Please can someone help?

Girlonthehill
06-16-2007, 08:28 PM
When I have used this option I have used .wav file format and it works perfectly. Can you save it in that format?

Tygra
06-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, the wav format is what I have.

The sound works when I test it.

JSabotinova
06-16-2007, 09:54 PM
What is actually the Mouse Over?

Vasili
06-16-2007, 10:07 PM
When the cursor (controlled by the "mouse" -- or touchpad) moves over an object, the object then presents differently, as commonly seen in links by a shift of color, an underline, a descriptive text tag, a sound, or other element.

It is due to how Operating Systems recognize the cursor (command prompt tool) and it's location relevant to the axis of the page via coding.

Girlonthehill
06-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Tygra, please post your site URL so we can have a look. I know when I was making my pages with a sound mouseover - I couldn't hear the sounds but others could. Try clearing your cache and try it again.

Tygra
06-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Here you go, the thing I want the sound do come from is the "movies" icon at the bottom of the page.

http://www.interspeciesconflictvideos.com/

Girlonthehill
06-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Here you go, the thing I want the sound do come from is the "movies" icon at the bottom of the page.

http://www.interspeciesconflictvideos.com/

It's working just fine. It's a cache issue at your end that's stopping you from hearing it. Also, please change the style of the mouseover on that button. The BV standard one is awful. Lol

Tygra
06-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh that's great. I am unfamiliar with clearing my cache, could you tell me how I do it please?

I thought my mouse over was one of the better ones from the list, but oh well. Where can I find better mouse overs?

Girlonthehill
06-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh that's great. I am unfamiliar with clearing my cache, could you tell me how I do it please?

I thought my mouse over was one of the better ones from the list, but oh well. Where can I find better mouse overs?

You should have an option within your browser tools to clear your cache. Or try one of the following:

hit F5 repeatedly;

force a refresh from the server by holding down shift and hitting F5;

reboot.

The place (in BV > select Nav bar > right click > properties) where you chose the navigation button in the first instance - on the right it a second button which you can customise in the same way.

Tygra
06-16-2007, 10:50 PM
When I go to that link it says that it is an Invalid Forum specified.

Girlonthehill
06-16-2007, 10:50 PM
When I go to that link it says that it is an Invalid Forum specified.
I saw that and edited my post.

Tygra
06-16-2007, 11:00 PM
My F5 is not working.

Girlonthehill
06-16-2007, 11:18 PM
My F5 is not working.
Just reboot your pc and that will clear it.

Tygra
06-17-2007, 12:43 AM
I rebooted it, but I still cant hear it girlonthehill.

Did I reboot it right? I switched off the mains in the living room where my broadband connection comes from, waited a minute or so and switched it back on again.

Vasili
06-17-2007, 01:23 AM
OMG

Try this:
1. START >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt
2. Type in ipconfig/dnsflush
3. Repeat Step #2
4. Shut off your computer the NORMAL way
5. Unplug your modem/connection cable for at least one minute: replug to your computer.
6. Turn your computer on once again: allow sufficient time for all your programs to populate, reset.
7. Open your browser, and manually type in the web address you wish to "reload" (do not forget to type in the www. as part of the address)
8. Once your browser loads, you should have the newest un-cached page available.......

Tygra
06-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Sorry, still not working, and I followed all what you said vasili.

LadyEye
06-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Post the url of the page that is using the sound effect on mouseover so that we can see further what your problem might be ...

Without this it is impossible to tell what might not be right ...