Freezing Up When Trying to Publish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing Up When Trying to Publish

Ever since I had to change my password I can't get pages to publish when revised (I haven't tried publishing an entirely new page since I don't have to). First, I thought I didn't change the password correctly. I put in a support ticket #GVR-626803) asking about the p/w. I was sent a random cPanel p/w but it was the same as the first time and didn't work. The p/w that I previously changed to gave me access to cPanel so I am now thinking that I have a different problem.

Here's what I do - when I edit my page, I hit save and everything looks good. I hit publish, enter my user and p/w and it keeps getting stuck. I've saved the page, closed it, then re-entered to publish without success. Is there a different p/w that needs to be changed for publishing?

I know nothing about websites, building, etc. Most of the language used makes no sense to me so if anyone has a simple solution, please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Freezing Up When Trying to Publish

Originally posted by Rosanne View Post
    Ever since I had to change my password I can't get pages to publish when revised (I haven't tried publishing an entirely new page since I don't have to). First, I thought I didn't change the password correctly. I put in a support ticket #GVR-626803) asking about the p/w. I was sent a random cPanel p/w but it was the same as the first time and didn't work. The p/w that I previously changed to gave me access to cPanel so I am now thinking that I have a different problem.

Here's what I do - when I edit my page, I hit save and everything looks good. I hit publish, enter my user and p/w and it keeps getting stuck. I've saved the page, closed it, then re-entered to publish without success. Is there a different p/w that needs to be changed for publishing?

I know nothing about websites, building, etc. Most of the language used makes no sense to me so if anyone has a simple solution, please let me know. Thanks.
    HI Roasanne Only thing I can think of is maybe to double check that the IP address is correct, that you are indeed publishing to the correct one, maybe it got inadvertantly changed..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

I've tripled check the IP. According to BV, it didn't change.

Comment

I've tripled check the IP. According to BV, it didn't change.
        HOw about re-downloading BV? SOmetimes that works for some reason..
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Ok, I re-loaded BV and that took care of freezing up. But even though it goes through the process and tells me I've successfully published my pages aren't updated when I view it on the web. I'm not sure I will ever understand this.

Comment

Ok, I re-loaded BV and that took care of freezing up. But even though it goes through the process and tells me I've successfully published my pages aren't updated when I view it on the web. I'm not sure I will ever understand this.
            Roseanne
            I know it can be frustrating. But every time something goes wrong and you fix it, you learn one more thing, and that thing won't happen to you again. And the more you learn the easier it gets.
            Be patient. Nobody won any races first time out of the gate.
            Now, what is probably happening is you are viewing 'old' versions of your pages that your computer has stored in it's cache. Do you know how to clear your cache?
            force a refresh from the server by holding down shift and hitting F5
            See if that works.
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
            X