html code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• html code

It has been suggested that WYSIWYG programs (like bluevoda) can render bad code which has an effect on search engine ranking.

Is this true for bluevoda?
    Pauline

http://www.ukpetportraits.co.uk

Re: html code

Originally posted by asterix View Post
    It has been suggested that WYSIWYG programs (like bluevoda) can render bad code which has an effect on search engine ranking.

Is this true for bluevoda?
    Well, that depends on if its the actual builder CODE, or if for instance youve used php to call up the templates. While its not perfect coding, the browser still renders it. Does it affect page ranking? If it does, Unless its a humungous error and your page doesnt show up, or gives 400 not found, or bad 200 headers, I seriously doubt it does much to your page rank. W3 compliance may give you a few dings, but i think the SE is looking mostly for good page content, not html errors or erroneous coding that is rectified by the browser. The spiders after all, are kind of like a browser and there are serveral tools that show you what the spider sees when its on your site, and, I dont recall seeing the html or the php coding in it.

Now if your menus are java scripted, if you are using iframes or integrating flash.. thats another subject, and those have to be optimized differently, and accounted for. Those can hurt you, yes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X