Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Links Questions Links Question Links Quest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links Questions Links Question Links Quest...

Hello all. I have placed inline frames on most of my pages in order to make a compact site. On my links page some links open fully and others stay in the frame. Does anyone know what makes them do one or the other. Take a look how World Prayers opens and how Invitation to Prayer opens. I would love to have them all open fully. All feedback welcome please.
    Gwen

http://www.twelvebeads.com/Links.html

Originally posted by TwelveBeads
    Hello all. I have placed inline frames on most of my pages in order to make a compact site. On my links page some links open fully and others stay in the frame. Does anyone know what makes them do one or the other. Take a look how World Prayers opens and how Invitation to Prayer opens. I would love to have them all open fully. All feedback welcome please.
    Gwen

http://www.twelvebeads.com/Links.html
    If you want a link to open full page inside a iframe, use "_Top"
    www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
    BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
    Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog
      If you want a link to open full page inside a iframe, use "_Top"
      Thank you for your reply. I am not sure where to put the "_Top".

When I went to check out your sites much of the text overlapped making it difficult to read. Just wanted to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by TwelveBeads
        Thank you for your reply. I am not sure where to put the "_Top".

When I went to check out your sites much of the text overlapped making it difficult to read. Just wanted to let you know.
        when you set your link there is pull down box called target, select "_top"

which site had over lapping text, whats you brower setting?
        www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
        BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
        Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog
          when you set your link there is pull down box called target, select "_top"

which site had over lapping text, whats you brower setting?
          Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
          I really appreciate your info.

Comment

Re: Links Questions Links Question Links Quest...

How do I prevent overlapping text. I want to print sample pages for people to review in advance and can't seem to print out a fully readable page that I constructed.

Second question: I am still unsure of what target to use when linking pages. (i.e top, blank,self, or parent). What I want to do is link all my subsequent pages back to the index page. I assume I must use either blank or parent correct?? I am building an American Legion website for our Post and want people to go to the top index page, then key on a subsidary page (as an example Membership) and then after reading membership requirements then go back to the index page for linking to other subsidary pages. In the case of the membership page I also have a drop down menu for them to go to in order to fill in an application to join. On this sub page it is linked back to the membership page. I hope this makes sense. As I see it the index page is linked to the membership page by use of "blank", the membership page is linked to the membership form by the use of "blank" again and finally to get back to index I would use "top" is this corret??
            The rest of the guidance in your tutorials was very good and I'm about to start up the site once I get the board of directors to approve a go! Thanks for the help
            Jim

Comment

Re: Links Questions Links Question Links Quest...

In the field where you can choose "_blank" and other items from a list, leave it empty. That way, the page you link to will open in the same browser window, which most visitors prefer.
              CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
              CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
              CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
              X