Installing XP Pro on HP Pavilion Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing XP Pro on HP Pavilion Desktop

If the hard drive has been reformatted and Windows XP Pro is being installed on an HP Pavilion Desktop, how important is it to get the drivers from the HP restart disks? Or can XP be installed on the HP Pavilion Desktop properly if the HP restart disks are not available? Can the drivers be downloaded from sources on the internet?

Thanks,

Two Simple Requests:
    Request #2: I just registerd tonight and don't recall being given an account ID#? Not sure that I am a VodaHost Customer-don't think so.

Re: Installing XP Pro on HP Pavilion Desktop

1. Usually all PC drivers are downloadable from each manufactures site. However, you need to know which drivers to install and how to.

2. If you have signed up for a VH account, as soon as your account has been setup you will receive an email from VH with your client ID as well as username / password / IP details.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: Installing XP Pro on HP Pavilion Desktop

The drivers are crucial. Depending on your system, if you don't have the correct drivers installed, your sound won't work, you will only have basic video function, internet may not work, any possibly even more issues.

You can do to HP's website and enter the system type (ie. Pavilion 760c), or whatever type it is, and it should give you a list of the drivers.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X