Windows Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Media Player

Hi everyone, I am a novice to all this, only published about a week ago after building my website (or trying to) What it is, on one of my pages I have uploaded tunes (Wavs) to my media player what I had made with Ejay. When I put them in and preview all is fine really is, then when I publish it, then view my site, just the tune page freezes up, or locks up, then have to alt/delete to get out of it. I started again, and deleted all tunes from the page and just put one of them in, and published again, but the same happens. I have been all over the forum to see if anyone else has this problem, but I cant see anyone who has. I have player 11 if that helps or maybe I am doing something wrong Hope someone can help me

Re: Windows Media Player

Hi, I may have this wrong? But if you have the facilities, try converting your wav files to mp3. If not’ do a Google search “wav to mp3 converter” there will be loads out there. If you do convert to mp3? Try getting things like the bitrates down to a low’ish level to help with loading times.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you your reply. I will go to google and try and do that when I have time and let you know if it worked fingers crossed eh? Thanks again.

Comment

Hi, found this free one quite handy. http://www.mediamonkey.com/download.htm

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Just come back on here, I did what you said, and thanks for that, went to google and got a brilliant easy convertor, but I will keep your one in mind, just incase. (thank you) Yes it did convert wavs into mp3's but now I go and do my bits on the page the windows player dosn't come up at all?? just a blank, will keep trying but thank you for your help. I will keep at it cos I am like that, like a dog with a bone as they say ha ha but I am gettting really, (wont swear) getting frustrated now. I am really grateful to you, as like I said me a novice on all this.

Comment

Hi, glad you got the converter. Best bet is to up load the file to the sever with your ftp, or the ftp built into BV. Then pop into your cpanel & find the file. Copy the url & put this into your windows player file name field.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thank you for all your help, your a sweetheart, I have done it Yahoo!!! Thank you again, well I hope it stays that way anyway on my website, not much of one I know, its just for fun, and a personal one but it means a lot to me. Thank You. x

Comment

Working...
              X