Web/FTP stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web/FTP stats

Please dont laugh but in the first stat of Web/FTP Stats Analog what does succeful requests mean?

It means that your request was successful .

***** :D

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, but what is a request?

Comment

re·quest = Pronunciation Key (r-kwst)

tr.v. re·quest·ed, re·quest·ing, re·quests

To express a desire for; ask for. Often used with an infinitive or clause: requested information about the experiment; requested to see the evidence firsthand; requested that the bus driver stop at the next corner.
        To ask (a person) to do something: The police requested her to accompany them.

n.
        The act of asking.
        Something asked for.

Idioms:
        by request
        In response to an expressed desire: We are offering these scarves for sale again by request.
        in request
        In great demand: a pianist in great request.
        on/upon request
        When asked for: References are available on request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [From Middle English requeste, the act of requesting, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *(rs) requaesita, (thing) requested, from alteration of Latin requsta, feminine past participle of requrere, to ask for. See require.]
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        re·quester n.

[Download or Buy Now]
        Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
        Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
        Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

request

see at someone's request; by request; on request.

request

n 1: a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority [syn: petition, postulation]

2: the verbal act of requesting [syn: asking] v 1: express the need or desire for; ask for; "She requested an extra bed in her room"; "She called for room service" [syn: bespeak, call for, quest]

2: ask (a person) to do something; "She asked him to be here at noon"; "I requested that she type the entire manuscript"

3: inquire for (information); "I requested information from the secretary"

Comment

Ok,Ok I understand the definition of the word.

What does it have to do with the stats? as in are these requests from vistors to my website or are they requests I have made to my website?

Comment

Working...
          X