Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Someone know how to interpret this error message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Someone know how to interpret this error message?

I had posted this once already but it seems the post was deleted. I'm not sure why as I didn't make multiple posts of this issue I'm having.
    My domain name is www.sammystreasurebox.com

Anyway, I've tried and tried and tried to install the Noah's Classifieds but I keep getting this error message after it's been completely downloaded via Fantastico and I try to go to the page it created.

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/gorumlib.php on line 141

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/gorumlib.php on line 209

Notice: Undefined property: Roll::$method in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/roll.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined property: Roll::$list in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/roll.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined property: Roll::$rollid in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/roll.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined property: Roll::$sessionUserId in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/loginlib.php on line 13

Notice: Undefined property: Roll::$globalUserId in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/loginlib.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/dbproperty.php on line 61

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifieds/gorum/dbproperty.php on line 70
    SELECT * FROM classifieds_ClassifiedsUser

Table 'ygmhumtn_clss1.classifieds_ClassifiedsUser' doesn't exist"

I tried downloading it on a subdomain (http://classifieds.sammystreasurebox.com/ ). I tried downloading it on my domain with a directory ( http://sammystreasurebox.com/classifiedads/ ). I tried it with a subdomain and a directory ( http://sammystreasurebox.com/classifiedads/ ). It's starting to get frustrating...

I searched the forums and it seems I'm not the only one having installation problems. As far as I know I have the latest version of BV. Any help and/or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks, Dottie

Re: Help! Someone know how to interpret this error message?

Dottie

I havent play with this, but is there any installation instructions? Do you have to create a database first? And add a user and a password?

Table 'ygmhumtn_clss1.classifieds_ClassifiedsUser' doesn't exist"
    that indicates to me that it cant populate the table in that database with that user. I dont know if its supposed to create it for you, or if this is something you have to do prior to installing.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
      Dottie

I havent play with this, but is there any installation instructions? Do you have to create a database first? And add a user and a password?

that indicates to me that it cant populate the table in that database with that user. I dont know if its supposed to create it for you, or if this is something you have to do prior to installing.

Karen
      I have absolutely no idea. I am a total newb. After I set it up through the CPanel and got my little email thingy this is what was emailed to me:

"An instance of Noahs Classifieds was installed on http://sammystreasurebox.com
      Full installation path: /home/ygmhumtn/public_html/classifiedads
      Public URL: http://sammystreasurebox.com/classifiedads/
      Admin URL: http://sammystreasurebox.com/classifiedads/
      Username: ygmhumtn
      Password: sobucreh
      MySQL database: ygmhumtn_clss1
      MySQL user: ygmhumtn_clss1

Time of installation: Wednesday, 20th June, 2007 @ 04:45:32 AM"

The Public and Admin URL's are supposed to be different right?
      Do you think this could have anything to do with my installation
      problems?

Comment

Ya.. the admin should be different than the URL. User and database name should be different too! Id have to read the docs to give you more info. Have you done that yet? Im wondering if you have to edit a createdb.php file with the user and passwords to connect to the database and populate it. Try reading the docs, or looking in your cpanel for a readme file or an installation.txt file if you cant find one on their site.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

---Go into cPanel, then go to "Fantastico", select "Noah's Classifieds..", and on the right-hand side, choose to unintstall.

Seeing as you are having problems with it, AND you have posted access information for your installation, it would be best to completely remove it from your website and install again.

---Also, I took the liberty of glancing over your site and stopped at your online catalog page powered by OsCommerce. Please follow the below instructions as soon as possible. Also be sure to read any other material provided with your installation.

Post-Installation

After installing osCommerce follow these steps for post-installation:

1. Rename the catalog/install folder or delete it.
          2. Reset the permissions on catalog/includes/configure.php to 644 (if you are still getting the warning message at the top of the page after setting this configure.php files to 644 then set the catalog/includes/configure.php file to 444 which is read only - this happens on some servers that have been updated for security reasons).
          3. Set the permissions on catalog/images directory to 777
          4. Set the permissions on admin/images/graphs directory to 777
          5. Create the directory admin/backups and set the permissions to 777 (this is the folder to store the database backup of your store in the "Tools" section of the store admin).

The store admin directory on your server needs to be password protected using .htaccess. Most of the time the server you are hosting your store on has the ability to password protect directories through the server administration area so check with your host

--The above instructions was found on the OsCommerce website here:

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Try to set aside a small amount of time to visit the support sites for any fantastico installations - they provide information that will help get you started on the right foot.

Don't forget to take a deep breath, lol, perhaps take a break if it starts to get frustrating...it helps.
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Thanks Karen and Robert, I appreciate the time you took to answer me. I have serious time constraints due to 3 children, going to school full time and trying to get a business off the ground. Doesn't help that I'm somewhat web impaired.

Comment

Working...
            X